Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New engine now ordered

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:08 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New engine now ordered

Well I bit the bullet and did it. I just ordered the Picco red dot engine along with the ofna engine mount and 3 OS glow plugs!! I know I'm crazy as my OS is not fully broke in yet but I could'nt resist. I love the big blocks and would'nt be fully happy until I had one in my Revo. Ha ha ha!!!!!!!! Can't wait for this bad boy to arrive. ANy tips on set up would be great but from what I hear it's a drop in just like my OS TM .21 was other than the new engine mount. This hobby is something else I tell you, makes me spend money I don't need to spend but I know I'll love that Picco once broke in and once I get in to that fine tuning window. Now, what pipe do I want for low end?? I have my THS that was on my OS but is that a good choice for this big block?? probably not so which one for great low to mid range power?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:14 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: New engine now ordered

great choice of engine.....I have used the THS pipe on my picco Tmaxx with good results....I now use the sirio pipe for it which is even better.
The only thing I can tell you is be patient with it....It will run irraticly for about the first gallon or so...no worries its just thats how much fuel these things need to be properly broken in.....I have run 4-5 gallons through mine and it is still very hard to turn over by hand no other engine I have ever ran is this tight...have fun
Old 09-13-2008, 08:17 PM
TMaxxDriver

Scott, you are crazy man!! but thats part of the hobby!! NOW, I cant wait to see how THIS one works out for you!!! That is so AWESOME that you went ahead and bought it!!! totally awesome!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:19 PM
sb13

Whick Sirio pipe did you get? Does it come with the header too that fits the Picco? What power range is it good for? I'd like to know so I can order it now if I decide it's what I want. Thanks man for your help.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:21 PM
TMaxxDriver

im SOOO jealous!! [:@] where did you get it, and how much did you end up spending???
Old 09-13-2008, 08:21 PM
sb13

Yeah I think so too TMD. I've always just loved the heck out of the big blocks and I know the OS I just installed is'nt even completely broke in and already runs great but I really wanted a big block in this Revo. Should have done it in the first place but heck I have a spare OS if I ever need it.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:22 PM
sb13

RCCanuck, Does the stock clutch hold up ok?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 PM
sb13

ORIGINAL: TMaxxDriver

im SOOO jealous!! [:@] where did you get it, and how much did you end up spending???
I just bought it from Tower Hobbies along with the mount and 3 glow plugs they reccomened. They are the OS plugs. I used their promotion they always give when you spend X amount of money and saved 25.00. I'll have it in a few days I guess. I spent 264.00 total i think it was.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 PM
TMaxxDriver

yeah, thats what i was gunna say... at least you will have a spare OS on hand... not like you will ever wanna go back, after you get that Picco dialed in just right!! ENJOY!! how long til you get it??
Old 09-13-2008, 08:31 PM
sb13

I used their standard shipping so I would think not until the middle or end of next week I hope.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:36 PM
TMaxxDriver

thats not bad at all... last time i checked, the Picco itself was like $224 or something..... ? sounds like you got a pretty good deal there!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:53 PM
dkastil

you can get it for 224 with a mount
Old 09-14-2008, 05:39 AM
RCCanuck

The stock clutch holds up fine you just have to watch the clutch bearings and replace them as soon as they start showing any wear. The sirio pipe I use is designed for the Tmaxx it is almost the same shape as the Traxxxas resonator.....Not sure where to get them anymore or if the even make them for the Revo I got mine in a trade a while ago. The stock header will work but I suggest getting an OS header for the Revo its way better and doesn't dent like the stocker does.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:53 AM
dkastil

the i the 5340x revo platinum header is the ticket on the picco use 2 springs .
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 AM
t-maxxmaniac

hey, good to hear you got the picco....i dont think you will be disapointed!! have fun man!!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 AM
sb13

I paid 224.00 plus had to buy the mount and then I bought 3 plugs. Tower offers the discount of 25.00 right now. I've seen better discounts from them in the past. I have an OS header but need a pipe or I'll just use my THS header and pipe but I would think there has to be something better for a big block. I'll look for the one you suggested and see what else is out there. I don't want to chock it down with the wrong pipe. Thanks for your input. Anything else you think of that might help would be great and thanks again.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:50 AM
sb13

ORIGINAL: t-maxxmaniac

hey, good to hear you got the picco....i dont think you will be disapointed!! have fun man!!
Thanks, I know I'll be happy with it. I love the big blocks but this is my first Picco. I hope everything holds up to its torque. I have THS cvd's, foward only tranny but the diffs are stock. Are there any throttle linkage issues I need to know about?
Old 09-14-2008, 10:18 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet choice there Scott! sounds like u are gonna have one sweet mill for ur revo once u get it!!! good luck once u do get it too man!!! [8D]
Old 09-14-2008, 11:21 AM
sb13

ORIGINAL: matts6887

Sweet choice there Scott! sounds like u are gonna have one sweet mill for ur revo once u get it!!! good luck once u do get it too man!!! [8D]
Thanks Matt. It kind of hurt buying it since the OS is so fresh and I have'nt got to see what it will do yet but...lol
The OS will stay with me as a back up if ever needed and the original 3.3 I'm giving to TMaxxDriver to help him out and the Picco will be installed as soon as I get whatever might be needed and have the time. Take a look at my other post about the air filter, exhaust and clutch and tell me what you think ok. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:50 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: sb13

ORIGINAL: matts6887

the original 3.3 I'm giving to TMaxxDriver to help him out .
Cool thinking there Scott; its always a extremely nice and good gesture when one r/c'er helps another one out like u are by "giving" that 3.3 to TMD. I always enjoy seeing that happen. I only wish there were more people like u around in the hobby ya know. Seems as if there isnt as many as there use to be....[8D]
Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 PM
NitroVenom

I think your freakin crazy Scott(in a good way). There isn't even a half gallon through your O.S. 21 and you already bought a new motor?!?! LOL Yea you were deffinently bit buy the RC bug. Watch, a half gallon later, you'll trade it in for another big block[8D] Haha Congrats on the new mill. Your gonna love it.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:39 PM
dkastil

vennom i thought i would add this to tourment scott the picco is great with 2.7 hp but the os .28xz has 3.31 http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2074.html
Old 09-14-2008, 05:45 PM
sb13

ORIGINAL: dkastil

vennom i thought i would add this to tourment scott the picco is great with 2.7 hp but the os .28xz has 3.31 http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg2074.html
Dang it!! Now I have to buy another Revo for this new OS!! lol Kidding.

My OS .21 will be a back up incase it's ever needed.

Matt, thanks for the compliment bro, I've been that way as long as I can remember. I always did the same thing for my flying buddies. After a while it got to the point they would talk behind my back and if someone wanted something I had they would talk and say don't buy it becouse you know Scott will give it to you. I guess I became the joke of the club for a while. Actually really ticked me off to be honest. You try and help people and they get like that. I stopped giving anyone anything when I was through with it. I said that I would toss it before giving it to those select people. Helping others is a good thing if you're able and I'm happy to do it. TMD seems to be a great person, I've talked to him through PM several times now. I hope he has good luck with it. I'm shipping it tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:24 PM
TMaxxDriver

and TMaxxDriver is greatly appreciative of the gesture!! there DOES need to be more nice guys in our hobby, as you never know when you might need someone elses help!!! what goes around comes around, whether you do something good for someone, or you do something bad... it will come around to ya!!

and good luck with that Picco when you get it... you are going to have a monster on your hands... i know that people say that side pipes add performance, but using a rear pipe, how much of a 'decrease' would it be...? i dont think it would be that drastic cuz after all, its a PICCO!!
Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM
JLRevo

SB13 you post alot. Time for you to show us what you Truck looks like. When are you goning to put up pics?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.