Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Quick Revo question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Mule5292

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Revo question

I notice the stock revo sits kinda low. What do you have to do to raise it up a bit? Stiff spring or change the rockers out? Also does the new revo 3.3 come a battery pack for the reciever or does use the AA pack thingy

Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 04:29 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Quick Revo question

Your gonna want stiffer springs regardless of the ride hight. You can move the pushrods to the inner hole and also tighten the shock collars. I wouldn't make the truck sit too high though because then you'll have problems with rolling over.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
mycarisaser

your arms should be parrellel to the ground(not any higher or handleing will suffer) . Youl need stiffer springs and thicker shock oil b/c stock is was to soft and doesnt have enough dampening. I use tan for the rear spring and gold for the front springs with 50wt oil rear and 60wt front(stock pistons in the shock). It helps alot!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:51 PM
choppaholix

My 3.3 came with a batt pack for my rx
Old 09-16-2008, 12:02 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mule5292

I notice the stock revo sits kinda low. What do you have to do to raise it up a bit? Stiff spring or change the rockers out? Also does the new revo 3.3 come a battery pack for the reciever or does use the AA pack thingy

Thanks
Well, the best way I know of offhand is to put the stiffest springs traxxas has on the truck, which is what I did to mine, and it does make it a bit stiffer. As for the receiver pack or aa batteries; I think the newer version of the revo comes with the regular stock aa battery holder, however; u can take that out and put a receiver pack in in its place....