Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Integy VS RD Logics Items...?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:33 PM
TMaxxDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integy VS RD Logics Items...?

So I know alot of us tend to steer clear of all Integy Products... I was searching through some things, aluminums skids, bumpers, chassis braces, servo guards, receiver guards, aluminum arms, bulkheads, a few other things... BUT my questions is, what is the difference in 'quality' between Integy and RD Logics, as all of these items I listed, are just about identical to the Integy ones... They all come in Polished Aluminum, Chrome/Silver, and Blue... But they are all SO SIMILAR!!! Any one have any advice to help me out here?!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:00 AM
RIP_nitrodan
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Integy VS RD Logics Items...?

i bought my tmaxx already outfitted with tons of aluminum from integy...and, just has been stated on here, I HATE IT, the bulkheads constantly wiggle loose even though they got a loctite bath...the a-arms are impossible to line up identically...and for some reason the guy who built this truck didnt use any matching screws they are all different and this is cause for
tons of easy strips. however, i have no rd logics on my truck. wish i did. anything has got to be better than integy.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:18 AM
TMaxxDriver

thanks for that info there ripnitrodan, I really like the way that everything looks when its all aluminum... i am just curious as to why all the integy and RDLogics look darn near identical!!?? i dont wanna get the RDLogics, and have it end up being just like the Integy... i will just wait to see what other people say...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:30 AM
KRO

Aluminum is a waste of time for most R/C parts , all they really do is add bling and weight (and transfer impact energy too weaker parts) .

That being said , there are places where aluminum does help like steering knuckles and bulkheads .

The difference between RD Logics and Integy ? There isnt much , they are both made of the same alloy and both have decent finishes .

Just remember anytime you have screws going into metal parts they must be locktited and checked on a regular basis .
Old 09-15-2008, 01:45 AM
RIP_nitrodan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: KRO
Just remember anytime you have screws going into metal parts they must be locktited and checked on a regular basis .
TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
power454

Aluminum is a waste of time for most R/C parts , all they really do is add bling and weight (and transfer impact energy too weaker parts) .

That being said , there are places where aluminum does help like steering knuckles and bulkheads .

The difference between RD Logics and Integy ? There isnt much , they are both made of the same alloy and both have decent finishes .

I also agree with that! Although, I have American CNC front bulkheads and soon rear bulkheads and I have Traxxas steel chassis braces. You will definitely add weight and cost to your truck but when the impact of a landing transfers through the aluminum parts where is the next weakest link going to be?? If the parts are directly bolted to the chassis (like the bulkheads) it could flex the chassis as mine did or it could bend the A arm pins and then they won't flex/move so freely and you may not see it but your ride would show it in handling. Just something to think about!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:01 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Hey TMD, My very first Revo I had I took it totaly apart on the kitchen table and replaced every single last part with blue aluminum parts and I have to tell you that it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. Some things are good to have like mentioned but most of it is just bling and when you crash and need to replace it the cost is far more than the stock plastic stuff and you have to order most of it where your LHS stocks most of the Traxxas original parts like my LHS does hopefully. You bend an aluminum A-Arm and it's 30.00-40.00 instead of 5.00-10.00 fpr example. It looks good but far from worth it with most upgraded aluminum parts. I had 1200.00 in aluminum upgrades when I was finished and it was a waste period. Steering knuckles and bulkheads I could see but for most of the rest of it don't do it, trust me on this one as I speak from experience.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 PM
TMaxxDriver

Well I will definitely take that advice Scott... I was just curious before I went and did it... I have RPM A arms (black plastic), I may get a different color, but will stick with RPM... I have blue aluminum bulkhead braces, pretty much plastic everything else... I wonder if RPM makes plastic chassis braces (in a color, other than black) if they do, i havent found them yet... I just really like the way the aluminum looks when people deck out their whole ride with the same color... But as for me, it might not be a good idea, because I really enjoy bashing, and like everyone has said, I would probably break something...

another question, would aluminum chassis braces be a bad idea? if i got just those, not anything else? just curious here... wondering if it would 'help' stiffen the chassis, or not be worth it...

like you said Scott, my LHS does stock all the stock parts, and any of the other bling items have to be ordered (even RPM arms in any color but black) i really want White ones... [&:] or blue... i just like things to look different...
Old 09-15-2008, 11:15 PM
power454

especially don't do the skid plates or a arms and even the shock towers take a lot of abuse and if you bend/dent the skid plates too much you are going to strain the bulkheads and the chassis. If you want to protect your steering servo or gas tank or battery box that's one thing. The rest of that aluminum stuff really is a waste of your money unless it's going to be a shelf queen or onroad only! So I agree with sb13
Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 PM
jadedreality

Since you guys are talking along the lines of RD Logics and Integy I was actually considering revamping my Maxx with all aluminum but I was told the same things you guys are bringing up now. But I have been looking at the Integy shocks with the piggyback resevoirs. Does anyone have and thoughts about those shocks? I figured I would either go for them or the Big Bore shocks from Traxxas.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 AM
power454

ORIGINAL: jadedreality

Since you guys are talking along the lines of RD Logics and Integy I was actually considering revamping my Maxx with all aluminum but I was told the same things you guys are bringing up now. But I have been looking at the Integy shocks with the piggyback resevoirs. Does anyone have and thoughts about those shocks? I figured I would either go for them or the Big Bore shocks from Traxxas.
From reading and listening to people on here and at the LHS I have heard nothing but bad about the piggyback shocks. I have no personal experience with them but that's what i've run into.

TmaxxDriver, adding the aluminum chassis brace would be a definite benefit because it would strengthen your chassis more so than plastic would. Basic Traxxas brand chassis braces would be fine. I use them and to help them even more get yourself a trans shield whether it's plastic or aluminum doesn't really matter. I have a roll cage aluminum plate protecting my trans right now. Either way that shield has 2 benefits. 1 it protects your trans from being hit when you land on a pointed object and 2 it stiffens the chassis braces even more. If you are interested I have a blue aluminum trans shield that i'm not using and I think I only used it 2 or 3 times so it might be a small touch dirty but it's in excellent shape and I would sell it cheap! Let me know.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:07 PM
TMaxxDriver

well, i would be interested in that plate/shield... but how much would you wanna charge?? As my LHS has it for like 8 bucks, so cheaper than that (including shipping) would be ideal for me.. lemme know, and thanks for the offer power454!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:37 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, that chassis brace do sound like a winner, so if u could somehow get one made/fabricated up for the revo as well, I would probably buy one in a second as long as its cheap like tmd said...[8D]
Old 09-16-2008, 05:57 PM
rcdudegermy10

I just don't like integy b/c it bends, bent my bulkheads all the way back, now I can't run a body

fastlanemachine makes some pretty trick parts, plus they have a warranty which makes it that much better
Old 09-17-2008, 01:49 AM
power454

$8 is a really good price. I forget what I paidfor mine but it's probably as thick as the chassis (4mm) and it's a blue color with slots cut into it. I'm pretty positive that mine is made by Traxxas and I think I paid about $15 a year ago. I would probably say I would ask $10 plus shipping but just check out the quality of your LHS version and I will try and get a pic of mine on later today. Right now i'm using my rollcages plate which is mush stronger/tougher/larger to protect my trans. After you see the pic let me know and maybe we can work a deal and i'll check my LHS today and see if maybe my pain medication is just messing with my head on that price and maybe i'll change my mind about my price. I just like helping guys on here out especially guys that are always helping other members like you!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:24 AM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: power454

$8 is a really good price. I forget what I paidfor mine but it's probably as thick as the chassis (4mm) and it's a blue color with slots cut into it. I'm pretty positive that mine is made by Traxxas and I think I paid about $15 a year ago. I would probably say I would ask $10 plus shipping but just check out the quality of your LHS version and I will try and get a pic of mine on later today. Right now i'm using my rollcages plate which is mush stronger/tougher/larger to protect my trans. After you see the pic let me know and maybe we can work a deal and i'll check my LHS today and see if maybe my pain medication is just messing with my head on that price and maybe i'll change my mind about my price. I just like helping guys on here out especially guys that are always helping other members like you!
I appreciate that last statement there power454; I too like helping others out where I can....
Old 09-17-2008, 10:57 AM
SureToCrash

I haven't heard anyone mention Golden Horizons aluminum parts. They come with a lifetime warrenty. Of coarse that doesn't mean they will warrenty everything but my lhs has had nothing but good things to say about their customer support and I have bought their shock mounts,shock ends, and shock caps with no problems so far. I have seen first hand what happens to aluminum parts after a good bashing session and its not pretty. Just glad it was my buddy's truck and not mine.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:29 AM
matts6887

Well, as far as integy parts go; I know now to definitely stay away from their bulkheads and other similar parts becauase of the poor quality that they seem to be made of; however, (and dont cringe or laugh at this one but its true!!!) I did go ahead and get a Integy 3-shoe 3-pin clutch and I have not run it yet because I am waiting for it to finally cool down around these parts to run my truck and try it out; but I hope I don't come to find out that I wasted $19 on it for nothing only to find out that its crappy quality as well. But I guess only time will tell as far as that goes....we shall see what happens once I run it....if I have to i will switch to the MIP clutch.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Anomie

Please keep the buying and selling out of the discussion forums. This is not allowed per [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RCU_Community_Policies/m_377662/tm.htm]RCU Community Rules[/link].

Thank you.