Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

steering/ rolling upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 AM
power454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering/ rolling upgrades?

I've heard conflicting stories that the Tmaxx 2.4/3.3 use all bearings in the steering setup,. Is this true? Or is there an upgrade that can be done to help the steering move smoother/easier. Also what kind of upgrades can you do to help the wheels spin easier such as ball bearings? I have an upgraded steering servo as it isand I keep my hubs as clean as I can so that the wheels don't have any extra friction from dirt but i'm just wondering if there's something better that will help me steer/ move easier and my wheels spin longer with less force?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:06 AM
NStampede Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: steering/ rolling upgrades?

The .15 2.5, and old 3.3 maxx uses bushings. To you replace them you will need 4 5x8 bearings. Check your bellcrank posts because the bushings have habit of wearing down the posts. Not sure about the new 3.3 maxx because it uses a totally different steering setup.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:45 PM
power454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: steering/ rolling upgrades?

cool! i'll check that out and see what happens. I didn't know if there were better bearings for the wheels as well or if there was a kit the did everything that I was asking about. Thanks for the tip.