Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

$%@&!!! Front Diff Cup!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:57 PM
StemTMAXX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default $%@&!!! Front Diff Cup!

I keep having problems with my front diff cup breaking, it just shears the mounting face right off, does anybody know a place that sells just the diff cup? 2COOLRC sells an aluminum Diff cup with gears, im hoping to find just the cup itself. thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:27 AM
power454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $%@&!!! Front Diff Cup!

can't you just get it from Traxxas? Or is that the cup that you keep tearing apart?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:45 AM
systemlord

deleted!
Old 09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
StemTMAXX

yea i keep breaking the stock plastic ones, they dont like my maxx haha.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
StemTMAXX

I saw they make Aluminum Revo Diff Cups, what the difference between the diff cups on a Revo and Maxx??
Old 09-19-2008, 02:49 PM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

novarcproducts.com
they sell just the diff cups and screws i have a set of them and have had no problem as of yet.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:27 PM
StemTMAXX

hey thanks a lot T-MAXXRich! appreciate it man. I've went thru 5 plastic front diff cups in the past 3 months, its getting a little old now. thanks!
Old 09-19-2008, 05:41 PM
systemlord

Everynow and then I here of these plastic diff cups breaking, it must be the type of driving because my brother has a big block engine on his T-Maxx and bashes quite a bit without problems. Maximizer used to make 7075 diff cups for the Revo and T-Maxx, their website doesn't show them anymore.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:50 PM
StemTMAXX

if you didnt see the thread already I posted a pic of my caged maxx in the "SHOW US YOUR MODIFIED T-MAXX" thread. the added weight of my tires and cage while im bashing doesnt help the diff cup.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:44 AM
power454

I have never had any diff problems and I have an rc solutions roll cage and a front set of aluminum bulkheads and I bash pretty hard. Could just be the bad luck of the draw or something about the set up may not be just quite right. No offense StemtMaxx it's just a small possibility that may be that your pinion or cup is just slightly misaligned or just loose enough to cause this problem and you may just not see it. But like I said anything is possible and i'm definitely not saying that it's you!!! Good luck in the mean time!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:54 AM
StemTMAXX

I dont care man, im just tired of replacing those P.O.S. Plastic cups.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:59 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: StemTMAXX

if you didnt see the thread already I posted a pic of my caged maxx in the "SHOW US YOUR MODIFIED T-MAXX" thread. the added weight of my tires and cage while im bashing doesnt help the diff cup.
Here's a picture of my Supermaxx, you say you have added weight.[sm=lol.gif] I drove it for over two years with the plastic diff cups without a problem, are you meshing up the gears using shims? If not then I see why you are having problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78020.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1036603   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10814.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1036604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93942.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1036605  
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

well i have the same problem for a while i have had the problem before i put my cage on there and then it lasted for a while then started doing it again. So i bought a set of nova rc cups and they worked for a while cause i just got a little to ahead of myself and didnt wait for the thread lock to dry before i added oil and started driving again so the screws backed out and broke. So i know the frustration Stem is going through he has a pretty kick A@$ maxx set up there. I know i do real heavy bashing out here in Iraq cause there is nothing else to do where i am at but fuel and all the parts i need can be shipped to me so as long as they make and send the parts and fuel i will keep on going.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:41 PM
StemTMAXX

systemlord: when you say drive do you mean bash the **** outta it or putt around, mine takes a beating on rocks, dirt, in mud, sand, in the woods. I tear mine down every week or two to clean everything, re-grease and replace anything that is messed up, I beat the **** outta it but it gets taken care of and not neglected. no offense but by the look of those pics your's looks like a shelf queen.

i got a stock diff cup today from the LHS just to tide me over. when I had the front diff apart I noticed one of my spider gears had 2 teeth missing, im guessing when the screws broke on the ring gear it got caught up in the spider gears and broke the teeth, luckily I still had the spiders from the rear diff cup. when I order an aluminum diff cup im gonna go for the larger screws just to provide a little more strength.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:08 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: StemTMAXX

systemlord: when you say drive do you mean bash the **** outta it or putt around, mine takes a beating on rocks, dirt, in mud, sand, in the woods. I tear mine down every week or two to clean everything, re-grease and replace anything that is messed up, I beat the **** outta it but it gets taken care of and not neglected. no offense but by the look of those pics your's looks like a shelf queen.

i got a stock diff cup today from the LHS just to tide me over. when I had the front diff apart I noticed one of my spider gears had 2 teeth missing, im guessing when the screws broke on the ring gear it got caught up in the spider gears and broke the teeth, luckily I still had the spiders from the rear diff cup. when I order an aluminum diff cup im gonna go for the larger screws just to provide a little more strength.
"Its no shelf queen", it gets polish every year. I wish I had pictures of it before I repolished it, miner sanding in some areas upto 3000 grit wetsand paper. I enjoy polishing my stuff as much as assembling airplanes from scatch, helicoptors and monster trucks. I [sm=lol.gif] my pants off when my Supermaxx cartwheels, theres nothing quite like bashing!