Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

tmaxx sterring servo ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:04 PM
ALL RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmaxx sterring servo ?

I am currently running the stock sterring servo, and was looking to upgrade something that will move the tires on the ground, also would a hump pack make the the stock servo per from better than double a's
Old 09-19-2008, 11:44 PM
choppaholix

Default RE: tmaxx sterring servo ?

Yes a batt pack would make your steering servo react a bit better.Or lower your rear end and raise your front end that will also give you better steering and better rear traction. I have on my revo an Airtronics 358 servo it has good torque and speed. Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:21 AM
power454

I run a jrsport 126MG hi torque steering servo and have never had a problem no matter what my tires were stuck in. I've had my front wheels rim deep in thick wet mud and still was able to turn them without a problem. I use a 5 cell hump pack and have never had a problem with power. Another good servo is the HiTec 645MG a lot of crawlers use that for their front and rear wheel steering.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:26 AM
choppaholix

Also the 359 has metal gears and nothing but torque
Old 09-20-2008, 12:41 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: power454

I run a jrsport 126MG hi torque steering servo and have never had a problem no matter what my tires were stuck in. I've had my front wheels rim deep in thick wet mud and still was able to turn them without a problem. I use a 5 cell hump pack and have never had a problem with power. Another good servo is the HiTec 645MG a lot of crawlers use that for their front and rear wheel steering.
+1 on the hitec 645mg steering servo!!! I run 2 of them in my 1/8 buggy and they are a great servo for the money!!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:45 AM
StemTMAXX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a Airtonics 94358Z metal gear servo on my Maxx, it has around 200oz. of torq and it will push my 7" IMEX K-Rock Cralwer Tires when the truck is just sittin on the kitchen table or the floor. definately worth the investment.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:40 PM
ALL RIDER

thansk for all the info