Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Aftermarket Slipper clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 05:18 PM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Slipper clutch

I have been looking around for a aftermarket slipper clutch for my 3.3 for a while and i havent been able to track anything down. Anyone know where i could find one. Or if you can point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks again
Old 09-20-2008, 05:33 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: Aftermarket Slipper clutch

Not sure but I think integy makes one....but honestly the 3.3 Revo slipper clutch is the best out of the bunch.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:23 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't frown on me.....(gulp)......but integy does in fact make one for the revo 3.3; and I just recently got it to install on my revo; I have installed it, but have not yet had the chance to run the truck with the new flywheel as its just been too warm out still to do such activities outside around these parts.....but when I do finally have a chance to test it out I will definitely try and remind myself to report back to let anyone who wants to know how it goes, know about it. On another note, I believe MIP does in fact also make a aftermarket clutch for the revo if I am not mistaken.....
Old 09-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Revomad1

ORIGINAL: matts6887

Don't frown on me.....(gulp)......but integy does in fact make one for the revo 3.3; and I just recently got it to install on my revo; I have installed it, but have not yet had the chance to run the truck with the new flywheel as its just been too warm out still to do such activities outside around these parts.....but when I do finally have a chance to test it out I will definitely try and remind myself to report back to let anyone who wants to know how it goes, know about it. On another note, I believe MIP does in fact also make a aftermarket clutch for the revo if I am not mistaken.....
He was asking about a slipper clutch. I think you are talking about clutches, no?
Old 09-20-2008, 09:21 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

I've bought the MIP clutch but I don't know about a slipper.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 PM
rcdudegermy10

I'm pretty sure robinson racing makes a slipper
Old 09-20-2008, 10:02 PM
dirtpile

Not for the 3.3 yet. May be working on it but not on the market yet. So far the only have a backplate. That may help some minor issues but not a fix-all.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:11 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: Revomad1

ORIGINAL: matts6887

He was asking about a slipper clutch. I think you are talking about clutches, no?
oops.....DOH....I think u are right.....my bad then....(puts foot into mouth) [:-]
Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 AM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

I bought the mip clutch shoes and wasnt that impressed with them they wear out to fast. So nobody has made a aftermarket slipper clutch yet (hooks to the tranny) what is the difference in the revo slipper and the t-maxx slipper rccunuck.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:58 AM
JLRevo

Robinson Racing makes a slipper clutch for around 12 bucks. Dont get integy anything. Ater my second weekend with there 3 shoe clutch it failed. The aluminium was gone to the spring. Integy=JUNK. And the paint on the flywheel easnt blue anymore.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 AM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: kasarn

Robinson Racing makes a slipper clutch for around 12 bucks. Dont get integy anything. Ater my second weekend with there 3 shoe clutch it failed. The aluminium was gone to the spring. Integy=JUNK. And the paint on the flywheel easnt blue anymore.
Oh great...Now I am really starting to wonder if I should have gotten the integy clutch; because sadly,(even with the proper advice, etc etc) I still went ahead and got the integy 3-shoe clutch for mine and I hope I didn't just waste almost $20 on it; cause if the same thing happens to me; because to say I will be P/O'd; is being extremely extremely NICE [sm=punching.gif]
Old 09-21-2008, 02:05 PM
kipstmaxx

i have the racing robinson slipper on my tmax.its great.i love it...
Old 10-08-2008, 04:10 PM
patxeik

ORIGINAL: kasarn

i agree with kasarn, integy just make bad stuff, good looking bad stuff the aluminum they uses is very bad, i will never buy anything more of integy, the last i bought was a set of integy springs and three were ok but one was more short than the others, and lot of things of parts i ve owned and they blend very easy.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
martianpc

Be careful with the Robinson slipper back plate though, it is a bit thicker than the stock one which will cause the air intake neck to get even closer to the spur gear than it already is. I am actually going to go back to the stock Traxxas one myself.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 PM
patxeik

ORIGINAL: martianpc

Be careful with the Robinson slipper back plate though, it is a bit thicker than the stock one which will cause the air intake neck to get even closer to the spur gear than it already is. I am actually going to go back to the stock Traxxas one myself.
im also interested in the robinson backplate for the revo cause the stock one have some cracks, what do you mean martianpc, can you explain it better for a guy that doesnt speak english too well. Do you mean that the spur gear will touch the clucht bell? so sorry but i didn,t undertand you at all and my revo needs a new backplate cause the brushles motor have lot of punch
thanks for all