Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

How often to you rebuild your revo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:08 AM
ChaosEngine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often to you rebuild your revo?

I was just curious about some peoples tear down habits..

I bought my Revo in may of this year, and Im in my 8th gallon, but this is my third trx 3.3

Its a 5309, and everything is stock, except for the rpm a-arms, wheels, tires and the stuff I broke.. front center shaft (stock), motormount (stock), header (stock), flywheel (stock), clutch (dynamite), clutchbell (R.E.14T) and spur (40t), springs and fluid (silver+50wt, blue+60wt, and of course the motor w/resonator..

The transmission incl. reverse still works pretty good I pretty much learned how to drive an rc with this thing, and its been blast! And Ive abused it a few times.. but it was all in good fun!

I keep it clean, and fairly well maintained.. But Im not afraid to get it dirty, and sometimes I drive it when I know it will only get damaged further, but I always fix the problem areas asap, or until I run out of gas

I know people can be really picky with their revos, I can see why.. I know I am, sort of..

I guess in a way, Ive rebuilt certain areas of my revo a few times, just as things break pretty much, wich is more often then I'd like, but sometimes, thats just the way she goe's [8D]
Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 AM
dkastil

Default RE: How often to you rebuild your revo?

almost a engine a month rebuilding has to be number two after learning how to tune .
Old 09-21-2008, 12:16 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for me there really is no like "set" time to rebuild my revo; I just do it whenever imo it needs it or after some hard hard bashing...I guess is the best way I can think of to describe it.....
Old 09-21-2008, 12:55 AM
ChaosEngine

ORIGINAL: dkastil

almost a engine a month rebuilding has to be number two after learning how to tune .

Honestly, engine #1 didnt even have an hour of run time on it, it was on tank 4 of the break in. And yes, #2 was learning to tune [8D]

ORIGINAL: matts6887

for me there really is no like "set" time to rebuild my revo; I just do it whenever imo it needs it or after some hard hard bashing...I guess is the best way I can think of to describe it.....

Thats kind of what I figured, Theres a couple of "grey" areas for me on my revo, like my transmission, all those gears.. eek [&:]. As well as my servo setup, and the steering, and diffs look like scary stuff

I just dont want to dig to deep if I dont have to [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 AM
Kaptain Chaos

Who in their right mind is going to rebuild a lil 3.3 every month you got to be kidding?

I have had mine for months I Drive it hard I never use after run, sometimes I dont even change the air filter and it is still rocking strong.

Just drive the thing Chaos and quit breaking it
Old 09-21-2008, 05:56 AM
ChaosEngine

edit:

slight misunderstanding
Old 09-21-2008, 11:12 AM
dkastil

ORIGINAL: Kaptain Chaos

Who in their right mind is going to rebuild a lil 3.3 every month you got to be kidding?

I have had mine for months I Drive it hard I never use after run, sometimes I dont even change the air filter and it is still rocking strong.

Just drive the thing Chaos and quit breaking it
i dont rebuild alot but just neglecting to maintain like neglecting to even clean your air filter is just dumb and lazy .
Old 09-21-2008, 12:17 PM
SureToCrash

Kaptain Chaos clean your air filter.

ChaosEngine, stop cleaning it all the time. All that mud on mine holds it togethar, thats why it never breaks.[sm=lol.gif]

But on a side note, what Kaptain said about not using after run oil is true. I have not after run oiled my revo over the last 3 GALLONS of fuel and my engine still will not die, still shows no signs of rust, and I'm only on my second glow plug since buying the truck(5 1/2 gallons on it). Looks like I will have to wait till next season for my OS.21.

SureToCrash
Old 09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
ls1383z28

suretocrash what fuel do you use?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:26 PM
SureToCrash

I switched to Odonnells 25% after two gallons of Top Fuel 20%. Major difference in performance.

SureToCrash
Old 09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
dkastil

yah traxxas TOPOIL is the worst at our chitown rc bash today i could not give it away for free. BUT I did fugure why they call it bashing my xxxnt hit a curb at 45 + bent 2 titanum turnbuckles and broke my carbon fiber chassis lucky they are bolth coverd with free replacements .
Old 09-21-2008, 04:41 PM
SureToCrash

Hard times, thats some real damage. Thats why I haven't bought a CF chassis yet, too much of the basher in me.