Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx Steering Servo Shot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
surjer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx Steering Servo Shot?

Hi all, Tmaxx newb here. I have ran 5 tanks through this thing now and its been doing awesome. I just recently switched out the 4battery pack thing to a 5cell hump pack. (Traxxas Brand Battery). I charged it up and ran it last night for a good while. What a blast. Problem is today when I took it out to the field with me it did a funny thing. When I went around a pole the sterring quick working. Throttle still worked but couldnt steer. Then I powered it all down started it back up and it worked fine untill I went around that same pole again. No steering again. So I just turned it all off and decided that pole was cursed. So I went to our local dirt track and fired it up went around 2 laps with no major mishaps but on the last straightaway the steering quit working again. I havent been able to get the steering servo to work since. I have tried everything I can think of. Its like it isnt getting power.

I disconnected the servo horn just incase there was some sort of weird pressure on it that wouldnt let it power up? Didnt help.

I completly removed the servo and connected it to another RX on another transmitter and no dice. Its like this thing just isnt getting power.

This thing is pretty much brand new and I have been real easy on it and its broke.. bleh..

Any idea's on how to reset the servo? It doesnt even chatter. No crimps in the wires or anything. nothing looks abnormal.

Ohh yeah, I also plugged a different servo into the maxx rx and the other servo worked so I know that channell is working on the radio gear. Its definately a problem with the servo itsself.

HELP??
Old 09-21-2008, 06:29 PM
choppaholix

Default RE: Tmaxx Steering Servo Shot?

Replace it with a high torque servo i got a 358z with a heat sink it's got good torque plus speed for my acceleration.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:32 PM
surjer

I mostly play with it out in my front yard. I wasnt planning on upgrading so soon. (Saved up $$ to by the truck). (Planes take 1st priority in the "Hobby Fund" lol.) I guess I will just send it back to traxxas and see how good their customer service is. Its clearly a faulty servo. I know for a fact I did nothing to cause it..
Old 09-21-2008, 09:33 PM
TMaxxDriver

Well since you are not interested in spending $50-80 approx, on a new servo, that is definitely a wise idea to try and send it to traxxas and see what they do for ya. Indeed that have superior customer service, and you just might get a new replacement servo!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

I to fly planes, 35% Cardens down to small 4.5 ounce RTF indoor areobatic electrics. Nothing like rolling harriers, hovering, inverted and right side up harriers and so on with a foamie so light it will fly at walking speed. if you get into those I have a ton of tips for making them as light as possible for indoor flying.
Now back to the topic, Traxxas has the very BEST service we could ever expect so if it's a bad servo and the truck is new I know they will help you out. If not I'm sure they have an exceptable reason for it. I'm switching to a single high torque steering servo on my Revo when I can and you would be very happy just doing the same even if Traxxas will replace it. Think about it as it's totally worth it. The Hitec 5955 is a wicked steering servo for the Traxxas MT's.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
power454

Steering servos take the most beating. I would upgrade to a HiTec 645MG. They are the best and i've never had a problem with mine. But I definitely understand the cash flow issue! But you are right, it's definitely the servo that has gone bad and you've done all the tests to prove it! Good luck with Traxxas!
Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
surjer

Wow - Very impressive. I was on the phone with an easy to understand english speaking technician in less than 2 minutes. After explaining the situation the technician said it could be a faulty servo from the factory so he is rush shipping me a brand new servo at no cost to me. Should be here in 3-5 business days.. What a guy..

Maybe I will take this oportunity to upgrade the steering servo and use the new 2070 on the throttle...

I thought I heard somewhere the 2075 was a waterproof servo. Would be way cool to waterproof this thing so I can run it through some puddles..