Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

3.3 issue question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 PM
schlags62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.3 issue question

With the 3.3 I just got in a trade the fellow said it only has a couple of quarts of fuel thru it and according to its appearance I would believe that. Heres the thing, it will start right up and idle fine and appears to have no problems.....then apparently when it warms up it just goes crazy. It will not idle it will just scream and take off 100miles an hour until I pinch the fuel line.
Do you think its an air leak or what I have not experinced this before, usually if its an air leak it will run hot or die.

Thanks for the help. all possibilitys will be appreciated.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
sb13
My Feedback: (52)

Default RE: 3.3 issue question

Man I've never dealt with that before but I do remember reading something similiar. I'm sure someone will jump in and give you all the possibilities. Makes you think the motor is going hard core lean, throttle linkage or servo problem or who knows what?? Not me I guess. Good luck with it.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:34 PM
power454

I would start with your high speed idle screw and set it back to stock position. You might want to set both of your idle secrews back and just retune the engine. A setting where the previous owner lives may not be what works best for the area that you live in so that's usually a good starting point. You may have an air leak but I would start with the mixtures first.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, sounds to me like its almost a radio interference thing because of the way the truck is going "crazy" from the way u are describing it. I would check around in ur area if possible to make sure no one is running something that might be on the same frequency as u...I would also check the linkage for the throttle/brake to make sure nothing is "binding" or "sticking"....