Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T maxx Transmission question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
C.rusak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T maxx Transmission question

i have an older t maxx 2.5 chasis. I was wondering if the revo 3.3 transmission will fit? I am working on seting it up for racing and would like to have the center diff and rear brake set up. Any help greatly appreicated.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:37 PM
superman11
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: T maxx Transmission question

Why not buy a revo?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:12 PM
C.rusak

They cost too much and im building a maxx to eat up the revos at the local track.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:44 AM
RCCanuck

just by looking at both trannies I would say no.....the Revo tranny is designed to sit lower into the chassis than the maxx tranny.

Could be wrong here but since they are 2 different chassis arrangements even if you got it to fit somehow the handling characteristics that the centre diff and rear brake add to the Revo wouldn't neccesarily carry over to the Maxx truck.

the maxx tranny is capable of handling track conditions as well heres some interesting reading for you
http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...458&artlang=en

theres 3 parts to that article....invaluable info ifin' u wanna race a maxx truck against Revos...even then unless you are the next super star driver laying undiscovered in mid-america some Revos are gonna spank ya all over the track

Trust me LOL been there done that didn't even get a T-shirt.
The Tmaxx is a basher at heart bottom line....Its still a tonne of fun on the track and after all thats what its about right?

my point in all of this: put a FOC in the Maxx tranny...adjust the shift point to suit the track layout.....put the new 3.3 sealed diffs in the front and rear and tune with various fluid viscosities......do that and it will handle better than a Maxx with a Revo tranny if you get it to fit right in the first place.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:35 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RCCanuck

just by looking at both trannies I would say no.....the Revo tranny is designed to sit lower into the chassis than the maxx tranny.

Could be wrong here but since they are 2 different chassis arrangements even if you got it to fit somehow the handling characteristics that the centre diff and rear brake add to the Revo wouldn't neccesarily carry over to the Maxx truck.

the maxx tranny is capable of handling track conditions as well heres some interesting reading for you
http://www.traxxas.com/support/kb_se...458&artlang=en

theres 3 parts to that article....invaluable info ifin' u wanna race a maxx truck against Revos...even then unless you are the next super star driver laying undiscovered in mid-america some Revos are gonna spank ya all over the track

Trust me LOL been there done that didn't even get a T-shirt.
The Tmaxx is a basher at heart bottom line....Its still a tonne of fun on the track and after all thats what its about right?

my point in all of this: put a FOC in the Maxx tranny...adjust the shift point to suit the track layout.....put the new 3.3 sealed diffs in the front and rear and tune with various fluid viscosities......do that and it will handle better than a Maxx with a Revo tranny if you get it to fit right in the first place.
+1!!! I definitely agree with everything that RCCanuck here has mentioned; and the fact that he is also right in that more than likely I think that as much as I hate to tell ya this, the maxx u have will get eaten alive quite possibly all over the track by the revos no matter how u set it up just because of the way the revo sits lower to the ground and is a bit wider out of the box, etc.....