Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New Clutch Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Soppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Clutch Setup

Will I see any significant improvement in replacing my clutch to a higher performance one? I haven't seen much talk on here about clutches so I thought I would ask. I'm also considering upgrading mine. I want a little more torque but want the truck to still be able to make high speed passes. I was thinking a 14 tooth clutch bell but I have no clue what different numbers of clutch shoes does or which brand is the best. Advice is appreciated.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:36 PM
madbrad70

Default RE: New Clutch Setup

The plus side of upgrading to a 3 or 4 shoe clutch is that it is more adjustable. It wont give you more torque but will give yuo a way to adjust it. Like if you were to use 1.1mm springs in your 3 shoe clutch, that would make the motor rev higher before the clutch engage the CB, which would feel like it has more torque and more low end power. You can fine tune also with the CB, you said you were thinking about going to a 14 tooth. If thats lower than the number you have on it now it will give you more low end power and take away a little top speed.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Soppy

Ok, well then I think I have a 15T clutch bell on there now. What type of clutch and spring should I go with?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:10 PM
madbrad70

WHat are you looking to do ?IF you want it to take off faster then go with a stiffer spring. If your having traction control problems then you can go with a softer spring.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Soppy

First off, what is the stock spring stiffness, that's whats on there. I suppose I might like a bit quicker take off... I am also wondering about shoes and the actual metal clutch. For instance, [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/24430]this[/link]. This would allow more adjust ability correct?
Old 01-15-2009, 09:43 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also cut a little off the end of each shoe to fine tune. As for aluminum clutchtes I don't see how they are any more adjustable then the composite shoes. I run the composite shoes... aluminum as a clutch material just doesn't see right to me.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Soppy

I was thinking the same thing. So do you know the stiffness of the stock spring?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:43 PM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

The MIP clutch is great! Looks like the stock traxxas one but way better. You can set it up two ways also..
Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Soppy

Please elaborate. Why is it so great?
Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 PM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Lasts a very long time... 2 different setups. Search up good clutch for revo on google and that is a recommended one.