Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
 How can I make my maxx keep up with my savage. >

How can I make my maxx keep up with my savage.

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

How can I make my maxx keep up with my savage.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I make my maxx keep up with my savage.

Ok I finally got my engine broke in and running pretty good still on the rich side but still moves pretty good. Anyways I went out bashing today and everytime I took out my t-maxx something broke on it. We were not bashing hard just a little jump maybe 3 foot of air max and it blows out the rear shocks popped the caps off. So I fix that and take her back out and she lands on the right rear corner and seperates the two pieces that hold the differental in the truck and my day is over. Now I have rpm arms and bumpers with aluminum bulkheads and gear cases. Also a foc aluminum tranny with .32 axial so shes a pretty heavy truck. Is this thing ever gonna keep up with my savage or should I sell it and move on.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How can I make my maxx keep up with my savage.

Those are pretty much the weak points on a maxx... sounds like you got it covered. Should be handing savages their arses.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Tmaxx handing a Savage thier arse? Thats funny
Old 01-19-2009, 01:26 PM

Any one that dosen't think a Maxx can hand a Garbage 25,SS,X whatever its arse... come over and we can play. I have beaten every Savage ever pitted aginst my Maxx. Even with the three speed trans.
All I have is a Not so "old style" Black Tranny Maxx 2.5 wide, slightly modified with a O.S 18TM.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:44 PM

Mine usually breaks before the race is over LOL....on a good note its usually ahead when it does.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

Tmaxx handing a Savage thier arse? Thats funny
+1...Costs waaaay too much money to make a Maxx keep up with a Savvy, sell it as is and get another Savage or something...
Old 01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Sell it and buy a savage
Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Cold weather is a factor too.. Plastics get more brittle when it gets colder out.

Maxx is still one of my favorite trucks... I beat the tarnation out of mine, and I replaced bulkheads when they broke because replacing parts is just part of the hobby. I have never felt that the Maxx was up to big block mods, due to the extra power or additional weight. I think they do best at or near stock form and when they are lightened. Maxxes are still more nimble than a Savage...
Old 01-19-2009, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: thesouth1

Any one that dosen't think a Maxx can hand a Garbage 25,SS,X whatever its arse... come over and we can play. I have beaten every Savage ever pitted aginst my Maxx. Even with the three speed trans.
All I have is a Not so "old style" Black Tranny Maxx 2.5 wide, slightly modified with a O.S 18TM.
Well now you arent talking stock for stock. You have an os 18tm in your maxx which is quite a bit more power than the 2.5. Stock for stock the maxx would not stand a chance. The maxx is 1/10 scale only weighing about 8-9 lbs while the savage is 1/8 scale weighing about 12-13 lbs. So yes with an upgraded motor in your maxx the power to weight ratio is alot better but put in a LRp or picco in a savage and the maxx has no chance on its best day. Also your maxx would not beat the savage x with a f4.6. I have a highly moded maxx with a picco .21 and the savage still walks away from it.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh uh, a TRX 2.5 vs the F4.6 series would get obliterated. Now a 3.3 vs the 4.6 would be something to talk about...
Old 01-19-2009, 04:10 PM

A Mamba Monster 2200kv combo mixed with a couple Neu energy 3s 5000mah lipos would get the job done... Unless of course you don't want to go over 50mph.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:16 PM

RCnitro,

Dont forget there are 2 different 4.6 engines for the savage. The K4.6 would get smoked by the maxx 3.3 no problem but the F 4.6 on the otherhand I dont think the 3.3 could hang. My Maxx started off as a 2.5 then I added a 3.3. The 3.3 was slower than the f4.6 I had. I dropped in my Picco 21 which is night and day over the 3.3 then it was able to hang for a bit. I dropped the f4.6 and added the LRp and it was all over again. The 3.3 was not too far behind my f4.6 savage but the maxx still got beat.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, thats why I specifically said F. I dunno cause a guy I drove with had a 3.3 Revo modded to the Max. I run an STS .30 and he was hanging on, still beat him though running pretty rich. They are decent little mills.

Tom.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM

I never raced a Revo 3.3 so I cant comment on that one. I would think the revo 3.3 is faster than the Maxx 3.3 right?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:42 PM

stock for stock the savage is a better truck... Its durable, has a decent engine (3.3's are JUNK) and did I say durable?
Old 01-19-2009, 05:23 PM

I wonder wy T-Maxx sale more than any other brand out there

why dose any other brand hasn't got as many award as T-Maxx?

just silly question's, those any body know the answer?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:05 PM

Well lets see. Traxxas is a huge company. T maxx was the first MT truck out. T maxx appeals to just about any kid. Just because you sell more does not mean its better. Its a very popular truck. Come on you cant compair the t maxx to the savage. 2 totally different trucks.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: thesouth1

Well now you arent talking stock for stock. You have an os 18tm in your maxx which is quite a bit more power than the 2.5. Stock for stock the maxx would not stand a chance. The maxx is 1/10 scale only weighing about 8-9 lbs while the savage is 1/8 scale weighing about 12-13 lbs. So yes with an upgraded motor in your maxx the power to weight ratio is alot better but put in a LRp or picco in a savage and the maxx has no chance on its best day. Also your maxx would not beat the savage x with a f4.6. I have a highly moded maxx with a picco .21 and the savage still walks away from it.
Dude this thread is about the poster's maxx not stock vz stock. You guys just kinda pulled that argument out of your arse. Bottom line here is HIS maxx would hand a sav it's ass. How many savages do you see racing at your local track? For me it's NONE. Its all mgt's, revos, and maxxes.

Yeah, if you put a lrp or picco in the savage it will beat it but when you put that same motor in the maxx the savage will always lose... just too heavy. The savage needs a bb to make up for its weight. A Big blocked maxx is stupid fast. He already has a bb kit, rpm a arms, axial .32, and aluminum bulks. As far as I'm concerned that thing will eat most savages for lunch and hold up while doing it. Telling him to sell it and buy a savage is just being an hpi fanboy.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 PM

Yep HPi fanboi thats it. HMM I have a Losi aftershock/lst, MGT 4.6 AND 8.0, highly Modded T MAxx, 2 Savages, 2 Jatos, Hpi rs4. Not a HPI fanboi at all. The poster is stating that he has all these mods on his t maxx and it wont beat his savage. At least thats how Im reading it. Then you FABRIMICATOR chims in saying that the t maxx should hand the savage its arse. Well if it takes all those mods to beat a savage then hey more power to you. Im just saying STOCK for STOCK a T maxx will not beat a Savage. Anyone can have a faster truck than someone elses. My JAto would smoke any of these trucks on road and track with no problem. SO now do I compair my Jato to teh Savage. No because they are completely different trucks just like the T maxx and Savage. Is the T maxx more durable than the Savage? Heck no. Not even close. Not without a ton of mods. Why is it that guys try to compair the t maxx to the Savage? MAybe because they are the 2 most popular trucks on the market even though they are in totally diffent classes. I think compairing the T maxx and savage is pointless.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 PM

I would not call myself an hpi fanboy. I have more traxxas's than hpi's. The fact that a stock savage will keep up with a stock revo says quite a bit because the revo is lite(er). And you get a way better engine with the hpi, a true monster truck should have torque, the trx 3.3 does not. Stock savage vs stock t-maxx the savage OWNS hands down. But a stock savage with a modded maxx (with an axial .32) im sure the maxx would kill it. But racing a maxx or savage is just plain dumb.. Revo is the best mt to race.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:36 PM

Yep HPi fanboi thats it. HMM I have a Losi aftershock/lst, MGT 4.6 AND 8.0, highly Modded T MAxx, 2 Savages, 2 Jatos, Hpi rs4. Not a HPI fanboi at all. The poster is sating that he has all these mods on his t maxx and it wont beat his savage. Thenyou FABRIMICATOR chims in saying that the t maxx should hand the savage its arse. Well if it takes all those mods to beat a savage then hey more power to you. Im just saying STOCK for STOCK a T maxx will not beat a Savage. Anyone can have a faster truck than someone elses. My JAto would smoke any of these trucks on road and track with no problem. SO now do I compair my Jato to teh Savage. No because they are completely different trucks just like the T maxx and Savage. Is the T maxx more durable than the Savage? Heck no. Not even close. Not without a ton of mods. Why is it that guys try to compair the t maxx to the Savage? MAybe because they are the 2 most popular trucks on the market even though they are in totally diffent classes. I think compairing the T maxx and savage is pointless.
May i ask how there 2 different classes? (other than that i totally agree with you), There both monster trucks with standard 8 shock suspension. They just have different engines. (Traxxas is stupid to not make a big block), Sure the maxx is 1/10 but it is pretty close to the size of the savvy. And yes, the OP was saying he has a .32 in his maxx and it cannot keep up with his savvy, so i would have to disagree with you fabrimacator, and i dont see ANY maxxes racing, or hardly and savvys racing.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:38 PM

All I'm saying is if he's already got a BB kit and has fixed the most notorius weak points on the tmaxx why would you sell it? Put a lrp or picco in it and it WILL hand a savage it's arse if it's not already with the .32. If you can't beat a savage with the .32 then sell it and buy a better motor like the lrp or picco.

And this thread is not about stock vz stock so I don't understand why you keep bringing it up.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:38 PM

I've seen more T-Maxx on the track then the Savage.

but then still T-Maxx is junk and only kid's buy it lol I don't get it?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MMT GUNS

What he meant when he said its appealing to kids is it looks like a classic monster truck. The other vehicles dont. So a 12 year old would go for the t-maxx for looks instead of a savvy or revo.
He would sell his maxx because then he could buy another savage (the savage xl is AWESOME! I have one) because its better than the maxx. (No offence), and please dont call us fanboys because thats what gamers call eachother when there battling over xbox 360 vs ps3.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: quadracer111

ORIGINAL: MMT GUNS

What he meant when he said its appealing to kids is it looks like a classic monster truck. The other vehicles dont. So a 12 year old would go for the t-maxx for looks instead of a savvy or revo.
He would sell his maxx because then he could buy another savage (the savage xl is AWESOME! I have one) because its better than the maxx. (No offence), and please dont call us fanboys because thats what gamers call eachother when there battling over xbox 360 vs ps3.
I called you a fanboy becuase you keep saying sell it and buy another savage... It is already upgraded and he has a savage. Why sell it. If your not happy with the axial sell it and buy a better motor. 2 or 3 pounds is huge when it comes to handling and power to weight ratio. Now it can take any motor the savage can and the weak points are fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.