Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

would an air leak do this ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would an air leak do this ?

The Revo is running strong all is good till it kills & I try to recrank it. No mater what I did I can't get fuel to fill the hose out of the tank . I had a O ring in the cap go bad awhile back but don't remember it doing this . any ideas ?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: would an air leak do this ?

Do you put your finger over the exhaust when you are priming the engine so the system builds up pressure? You probably do, I just figured I would ask before troubleshooting further.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:47 PM

Did you crash hard or something? That could have cracked the tank and there could be no pressure.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 PM

A little trick I've learned to check for cracks in the tank is to put a long piece of NEW fuel line on the pressure fitting and pinch the line going to the carb. You then GENTLY blow into the piece of new line, and with the supply pinched, you'll be able to feel if it's leaking. If you still suspect a leak, just remove the tank and do the same thing with the tank submerged, and bubbles indicate a leak and will tell you where it is at. You don't have to blow hard, a little goes a long way here. If it is leaking from around the filler, then the o-ring in there has worn out. Thing is that when mine wore out I was still able to run the truck, but had to run it with very rich settings to keep it from overheating.
How much fuel is through the engine and which engine? When the original 2.5r in my Revo was worn out(could spin the engine over by grabbing the rod coming out the back easy) I had almost the same problem.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: levans498

The Revo is running strong all is good till it kills & I try to recrank it. No mater what I did I can't get fuel to fill the hose out of the tank . I had a O ring in the cap go bad awhile back but don't remember it doing this . any ideas ?
1) If you have a fuel filter make sure is clean.
2) Inspect fuel tank, lines and engine for poor seal
3) check exhaust gasket, clear any debris from exhaust outlet
4) check the carb fitting it might have something blocking it as well

are you sure of the pressure and fuel line are properly connected? if not inspect and reinstall pressure and fuel lines.

just my two cents.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MMT GUNS

ORIGINAL: levans498

1) If you have a fuel filter make sure is clean.
2) Inspect fuel tank, lines and engine for poor seal
3) check exhaust gasket, clear any debris from exhaust outlet
4) check the carb fitting it might have something blocking it as well

are you sure of the pressure and fuel line are properly connected? if not inspect and reinstall pressure and fuel lines.

just my two cents.
I agree with MMT GUNS with the above; it has to be one or possibly more of those things that are listed; especially im looking at number 2; that one can definitely cause a possible air leak in turn not giving it enough back pressure to pressurize the fuel system entirely.....good luck with it man!!!! [8D]
Old 01-25-2009, 07:40 PM

awsome ideas & yes I do shut the pipe off to prime it .