Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Traxxas Monster Truck forum
Reload this Page >

First RC purchase and Stampede XL-5 Vs Rustler XL-5 minor comparison Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

First RC purchase and Stampede XL-5 Vs Rustler XL-5 minor comparison Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:45 PM
zato-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First RC purchase and Stampede XL-5 Vs Rustler XL-5 minor comparison Questions

Hello everyone

I realize this subject has been tackled hundreds of times but i have some specific questions regarding my first Hobby RC purchase.

Now i'll sort them into numbered points

1- Battery life wise : Which of the two "eats up" charge more? I'm guessing it's the 'pede cuz of the weight, am i right?

2- High Speed Crashes : I live in egypt which has pretty narrow areas and i'm very likely to crash it alot, which of them will take the pain more? Do i really need aftermarket bumpers to keep it safe?

3- Long and High Jumps : Which of 'em will stand the slamming? At what height would i be pushing my luck? (All parts stock)

4- Ground Clearance : I realize this sounds silly, but IIRC they're both based on the same chassis. So is there really a difference in ground clearance? I saw the 'pede climb pavement with ease, CAN the the Rustler do that too? (it sounds childish i know, but all joy in life comes to me when i see an RC climb from road to pavement)[/b]

5- I'll order these exact products:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTBX7&P=M (Trinity Reference 7C 5000MAh with TRX connector)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTCJ8&P=ML (Duratrax Onyx 200 AC/DC Sport Peak Charger)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSDC0&P=M (Traxxas Adapter Male/Standard Molex Female Traxxas - For The Charger)

PLUS of course either the 'pede or rusty.

Any Comments on the order?

I should note that i won't be racing it but i want it to be fast. cuz who knows, i might wanna race it sometime later (but not professionally)

Thank you all in advance..
Old 02-17-2009, 06:52 PM
scoobs92

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: First RC purchase and Stampede XL-5 Vs Rustler XL-5 minor comparison Questions

i have both rusty and pede and they weigh about the same i like the rusty a little more cause the pede flips more but for jumping and climbing i like the pede i break parts on both its how you drive it for battery life it depends how you drive it they suck up about the same they are both good rc's
Old 02-18-2009, 07:21 AM
zato-1

Default RE: First RC purchase and Stampede XL-5 Vs Rustler XL-5 minor comparison Questions

Ok that sounds reassuring . Will i need to get a wheelie bar to protect the motor? ( i know it prolly won't wheelie but just to protect the motor hanging from the back in case i flip it, which i will..)

Also RPM bumpers or not ?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:12 AM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Rpm bumpers are great! I have a rustler xl-5 in great condition that is stock that i could sell you. You just need a new body (forgot it at the track one day), battery and charger. I could sell it to you a lot cheaper than buying a new one. You dont need a wheelie bar for the rustler, maybe the stampede.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:18 PM
zato-1

How about the ground clearance issue?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
quadracer111
My Feedback: (1)

Pede has more clearance, the shocks stand absolutely vertical and the rustlers are on an angle