Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

e-revo brushless is screwed up... PLZ HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:57 AM
y7deluxe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-revo brushless is screwed up... PLZ HELP!

I bought the e-revo brushless edition brand new. I switched out the traxxas radio with my spektrum radio. I also switched the traxxas plugs to deans plugs. After switching the plugs, I read in the owner's manual that:

"if you choose to direct solder or to shorten the motor wires, you may do so on the castle creations CM36 motors only. DO NOT CUT any part of the wire length from any other motor, regardless of brand or type. In most cases, only the last 1/4 inch or so of most motor wires is able to be soldered. if they are clipped shorter you may not be able to solder the remaining portion of the wire and the motor will not run properly, if at all. if the motor is supplied with connectors you do not want to use, simply unsolder the original motor connectors from the wires - do not cut them off."

of course I read this after I cut off the traxxas plugs. I cut them off as close as possible to the actual plug. As far as I can tell, the traxxas plugs cannot be unsoldered, but if they can, i don't know how.

i never once ran the car. i immediately started by swapping radios and switching to deans. right now, the car ran once for about 5 seconds... just enough to where i could drive it out my front door. after it got outside, it immediately took off, like it wasn't receiving any radio signal. Now, when I turn the car on, the speed control blinks green at me and never stops. i have no idea where to go from here or what to do. my fear is that i cut the wires, against what the owner's manual said and screwed everything up. anybody have any ideas on what's going on? i couldn't find out what the blinking green light means from the website or from the owner's manual. Any input would be great. Thanks.

EDIT: UPDATE: I got the thing running again. It ran for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. After that, it acted as if it lost radio signal. It ran straight into my neighbors garage and didn't have any control via radio after that. I turned it off and brought it home and that's where I'm at now. Any ideas ?

EDIT: UPDATE: I tested the system on a box. again, after 2 minutes and 30 seconds, it went crazy on me. If i don't unplug the batteries and i turn the ESC back on, that's when it'll just continuously blink green until i turn it back off. if i unplug the batteries and plug them back in after about 20 seconds, it'll do everything all over again.

I tested the receiver in another car, it worked and ran fine.

EDIT: UPDATE: I ran another receiver in the revo and it appeared to work fine. I kept it on the box for about 5 minutes and didn't run into any problems. If I have anymore problems, I'll post an update. If not, assume everything worked out