Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Help With Tmaxx 2.5 needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Tmaxx 2.5 needed

ok i am fairly new in the nitro world and my brother bought his son a Tmaxx 2.5 a few years ago. the truck has not been run in about 2 years and i am about to start cleaning it up and hopefully get it running without taking it to LHS to be fixed since my brother is lazy. the fuel tank was never emptied so there is about 2 years of gunk and oil in the tank. just looking at the machine it seems i have to remove the electric start just to get the tank out. is this true? the wire going from the electric start to the glow plug seems to have melted. is it possible to just pick this up at the LHS or do i have to purchase a new elctric start set up. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help With Tmaxx 2.5 needed

Its not hard to take off the EZ-Start system, Just remove the 3 screws connecting it to the engine. And you can buy the harness from your LHS, they sell it.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:12 PM

u don't have to remove the EZ to get the tank out.
u just have to open the 4 screws and the bottom of the chasis and the tank would fall out.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:14 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Just take the whole truck apart, clean it, grease it and polish it, then put it back together. Lots of fun and Traxxas.com has all the exploded assembly views for it.