Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

big block t maxx needs a clutch that holds up

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
welchdennis63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big block t maxx needs a clutch that holds up

t maxx runing a axial .28 I'm killing clutch shoe and breaking the the spring in about a tank or two the clutch engages at idle i would like to run a BB clutch bell but i can't seem to find any 1.0spur gears that fit the traxxas sliper clutch other then the revo but i have been told it's just way to small and i was told i should be runing a gear around 72 tooth anybody know of any SB kits that cam with a three shoe flywheel stock or any 1.0spur grears that will work would be great thanks for reading
Old 08-03-2009, 12:27 AM
dasmurf93

Default RE: big block t maxx needs a clutch that holds up

two things you can do. the easiest you can get a bidirectional clutch that is made by hot racing. i know the brand is not the best, but i tried it on my bb revo with a dynamite 28 platinum and this thing holds. for the price you can not go wrong. another thing if you want to go with a 1.0 pitch you can get a mgt spur gear( balck tanny only 2.5) . the # of teeth is alot smaller count 54 but you can know use any 1.0 pitch clutch bell and make up the differnce in the clutch bell. i currently cun a savage spur gear and clutch bell, 47t/20t on a 2.5 tranny. i had to make a custom back slipper plate out of a washer. so far this is what is work best for me and my twin sirio 30 t maxx. hopefully this work for u.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:28 AM
welchdennis63

thanks man every used the integy 3-shoe clutch i heard those work great and i was told that i could use BB clutch springs with them
ORIGINAL: dasmurf93

two things you can do. the easiest you can get a bidirectional clutch that is made by hot racing. i know the brand is not the best, but i tried it on my bb revo with a dynamite 28 platinum and this thing holds. for the price you can not go wrong. another thing if you want to go with a 1.0 pitch you can get a mgt spur gear( balck tanny only 2.5) . the # of teeth is alot smaller count 54 but you can know use any 1.0 pitch clutch bell and make up the differnce in the clutch bell. i currently cun a savage spur gear and clutch bell, 47t/20t on a 2.5 tranny. i had to make a custom back slipper plate out of a washer. so far this is what is work best for me and my twin sirio 30 t maxx. hopefully this work for u.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 AM
welchdennis63

cool pics i have a 3.3 and my truck came with a 54 tooth gear stock so that would be fine but if you look in pic of the spur gear it show it's not straight could the mgt slipper work on a t maxx?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 PM
dasmurf93

if you have a 3.3 tranny the mgt will not work. it only works for the 2.5 tranny the black case with the old style slipper plate. and about the three peice integy. i tried it personally and it works but let me tell you that bi directional works alot better. trust me. the only thing after it wears out it not resuable. but its worth alot more than what u pay.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 AM
welchdennis63

thanks for all the help

Old 08-05-2009, 11:53 PM
gettnbetter

The m2c racing clutch is a super simple kit. You can use any of the stock T-Maxx 3.3 sized clutchbells. http://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc;...&categoryId=13

They 3 shoe versions too.

I have not had one single issue with the springs in an m2c clutch kit and I've been running the same soft set of shoes for 3 years now.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:42 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dasmurf93

if you have a 3.3 tranny the mgt will not work. it only works for the 2.5 tranny the black case with the old style slipper plate. and about the three peice integy. i tried it personally and it works but let me tell you that bi directional works alot better. trust me. the only thing after it wears out it not resuable. but its worth alot more than what u pay.

I believe the 3.3 accepts the 1.0 revo spurs doesn't it?

The easiest/cheapest way to go is a MGT spur with a savage clutchbell and savage clutch... I run that setup and have no complaints.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:27 AM
welchdennis63

yes but it is to small so I'm told not for sure but i got my integy three shoe clutch kit and i used savage springs and has anybody tryed billet shoes i don't even know if they make them but my friends always has little bitsof the stuff when he is done cncing it and he told me he could make me some he did hes thing with one of the shoes to show my what it looks like on the computer I'm just not sure they well work but can't hurt to try and thanks for all the help everybody
Old 08-10-2009, 04:16 PM
T-MAXXRich
My Feedback: (1)

What i did was use the Robinson Racing spur gear and this allows you to use regular BB clutchbell. I am running the Mach 427 in my monster maxx. I have converted the diff's to accept 1/8th scale losi diffs.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
welchdennis63

rrp spur gear for what kit the tmaxx rrp spur is 0.8 i have a few of them. can anybody tell me why some 2.5 run a 70-72 tooth spur gear and the 3.3 runs a gear around 56 tooth count?
Old 08-11-2009, 09:07 PM
welchdennis63

oh yeah one more thing your bidirectional clutch is reusable they sell the shoes on ebay isee them all the time forsale