Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:37 PM
ELK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help

would it be possible to fit a 5.9 engine and a savage tranny in a t-maxx or would it be too much of a hassle.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:59 PM
bigairlife

Default RE: need some help

i think the chassis would need some modding to fit a savvy tranny but if you could find a motor mount that would work and you were careful when you set your slipper and wer careful bout how u drove it you could do it.  but keep in mind if u pursue this u may end up having to get some expensive custom parts
Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 AM
ELK

yeah i have seen alot of BB conversions like this get expensive i have been doing people lawns for 2 weeks straight and about 4 people a day and have about $320 but come to think of it i mines well buy a 5.9 xl truck for the price i could make my t-maxx BB.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:08 AM
MGT

The 5.9 really isnt all that powerful. Some of the $160+ bb mills are a LOT better quailty and more powerful. Just because it's a .36 means nothing, most of the .28's are faster. And from what I've heard the quialty on the 5.9 is really bad, pistons breaking, and just not running right. Something to do with the crank timming not being advanced enought for how big the motor is, and the 'new' pipe it comes with I heard isnt very good for the motor...just a heads up..
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 AM
trotdog64

The bb conversion is not that expensive the chassis runs about 120 buck and everything fits. I would not buy the 5.9. been there done that. It lasted about a gallon before the piston gave and I broke it in just like hpi says. I was also looking at the savage tranny but it takes a lot of mods and not worth it. as for a motor the picco .28 is good or the lrp .30. The 5.9 was fun but does not have any top end but was fun while it lasted. Right now I'm running the mach 427 till my new picco comes in.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 AM
ELK

dang alot of u guys make the 5.9 sound like crap when my cousins has lasted two gallons buy him and another two from the previous owner
Old 08-25-2009, 06:45 PM
jd31

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

picco 26 all the way man, i screwed up my 3.3 but the picco has lasted my over a gallon (i got it recently but i run it alot)
Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
ELK

ill look into it but nitro season for me is coming to an end