Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo picco 28 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
brewer00psd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo picco 28 conversion

I, like many others here, am in the middle of a big block conversion on my 3.3 revo. I have a picco 28 with pull start, new era mount, 20T clutch revo bell, 34T spur, Jammin JP-6, metal trans gears, and cvd's. Everything went together well and I have plenty of room on the a-arms. The only thing I had to modify to this point is notching the holes on the frame for the trans mount to slide forward due to the clutch bell hitting the slipper. The problem I have is that the throttle slide has a short arm with a ball end on it and is not long enough for the revo throttle bell crank to fit between the ball end and the ring with the set screw that mounts over the carb slide. Does anyone know of one of these that will work with this combination? Sorry the pics are not very good. All I have is my phone to take pics, my wife has the good one with her.
Matt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22978.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1264568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19726.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	1264569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39050.jpg
Views:	1168
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1264570  
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 PM
davidaxper

Default RE: revo picco 28 conversion

Try buying a throttle arm from another engine, one with a longer arm (the one with a ball at the end).

Never encountered this problem, good luck with the conversion nevertheless.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 PM
absolutemayhem

THROTTLE FIX....you have to rotate the carb counter clock wisewise till it will reach the throttle lever....and if you motor feel like it low on tourqe, try a lower gearing....if that picco revs as high as my ninja....your geared for over 60mph.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:38 PM
brewer00psd

figured out my own question. I did not realize the 1/2" shaft wiht threads on both ends is supplied as a replacement to the locking screw on the slide actuator if you loosen the bell and rotate it 180 degrees. This puts the ball end facing up. I kept looking at the parts that are left over from the new era mount and this being one of them and it came to me. Guess I wasn't thinking.[:@]
matt