Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

EZ Start Blue Wire and Glow Plug?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EZ Start Blue Wire and Glow Plug?

really depends on what plug I am running... If I get the traxxas plugs or the OS plugs designed for the ez start, I will use the blue wire all the time.. thats really my first choice.. I use the hot shot glow igniter as a backup only or if I have a plug that can't use the wire... It really works very well.. as far as having less voltage to the plug.. I don't know.. they only require 1.2-1.5 volts anyway and will bow out the plug with any more...

Your issues with the dcell igniter are as follows.... They don't work well.. they are usually included as a free cheap addition to a RTR.. get a good one like the Hotshot or others for $20... they last for years...

I am one of those so-called expert driver-tuner and I love the ez start... wish I had it when I raced buggies years ago.. life would be so much easier...

Sorry for the rant on ReaperGN... I just can't stand when someone comes onto a forum and gives out bad info/advice.. I'm glad you asked for his reasons.. it just proved why I went on that rant... Not everyone will want or need an easy start, but if you are going to bash a very well made product... better have some good reasons... Looks terrible and makes you look lazy are the sorriest excuse for a reply I've ever heard in my 46 years....
Old 09-24-2009, 08:41 PM
ReaperGN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ez start is junk. It may let you start the engine with a button but since it was introduced it has caused nothing but problems. And you don't need a giant battery for the glow plug lead. just something that puts out 1.5 volts. They come in many different sizes depending on you needs. If the ez start was so good then why is it that every time this question is brought up more people say to get rid off it. In every forum about it people say to just get a roto start or pull start. They are more dependable and much less likely to break. The pull start is used on more small engines than electric start because it works better. Its that simple.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:35 PM
RCWSO

Deleted. Not going to continue this direction in this thread.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:17 PM
ReaperGN

search this forum for ez. There are tons of people having issues because of it.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 PM
RCWSO

Deleted. Not continuing in this direction in this thread.