Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

go some noob pede vxl Q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:06 AM
nickpic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default go some noob pede vxl Q's

i am new to the elec rc scene i had a couple nitros. i am picking up a pede vxl what are some of the "must do" upgrades. also where is the best place to get parts for a good price? i am sure these answers are on the site but i couldnt find them and yes i clicked the search button. thanks
Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM
mxdubbs

Default RE: go some noob pede vxl Q's

Wow you paid for a pede over a Revo 3.3....

Well you will need an extra 3s Lypo batt.I take it that you are aware that you need to have a 3s batt to reach the "box speed."
You will want to get an extra set of body mounts and shocks.If you plan on getting and aluminum parts like A-arms,skids,ect.DONT!!
They bend and brake easy.They dont flex like plastic I would go RPM front and rear.And you will need to have an extra wheely bar.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:24 PM
nickpic

ORIGINAL: mxdubbs

Well you will need an extra 3s Lypo batt.I take it that you are aware that you need to have a 3s batt to reach the "box speed."
You will want to get an extra set of body mounts and shocks.If you plan on getting and aluminum parts like A-arms,skids,ect.DONT!!
They bend and brake easy.They dont flex like plastic I would go RPM front and rear.And you will need to have an extra wheely bar.
yes i am aware that i need the 3s lipo. i am getting 2 of them and a charger with the pede off a buddy of mine for cheap. that is why i am goin with the pede.

alos i am getting the pede over your revo 3.3 cuz i already of a nitro ruslter and a savage with a picco 27 motor. i want to get out of the nitro and get more into the elec.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:00 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heaps a LIPO batteries, and a couple of good chargers, and forget nitro ! LOL !
And when you have destroyed the rustler, get an E-Revo brushless, and drive a real beast !! You will find the rustler very unstable at speed, LOL, fun as that is, sooner or later your gunna want to go faster under control .
Old 10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
jd31

um.... everything needs to be upgraded imho, i would first start by finding a aluminum chassis for it, like it did for my good ol' rustler
Old 10-26-2009, 12:50 AM
mxdubbs

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

Heaps a LIPO batteries, and a couple of good chargers, and forget nitro ! LOL !
And when you have destroyed the rustler, get an E-Revo brushless, and drive a real beast !! You will find the rustler very unstable at speed, LOL, fun as that is, sooner or later your gunna want to go faster under control .

Is it just me or does this guy seam kind of annoying?

Old 10-26-2009, 12:53 AM
mxdubbs

ORIGINAL: nickpic

ORIGINAL: mxdubbs

yes i am aware that i need the 3s lipo. i am getting 2 of them and a charger with the pede off a buddy of mine for cheap. that is why i am goin with the pede.

alos i am getting the pede over your revo 3.3 cuz i already of a nitro ruslter and a savage with a picco 27 motor. i want to get out of the nitro and get more into the elec.
So why are you getting out of nitro,I just got into nitro and like it a lot better than brushless elc.
Any ways that pede is one crazy monster I dont realy ever drive mine manly becuase it's not stable and I dont want to buy 12 3s lypos to run as long as my nitro run.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:07 AM
nickpic

wow this place is getting me know where. i have my reasons for wanting to go elec but i got people who sound like a revo spokesman a nitro spokesman and poeple saying to replace everything. i just want to know what are some of the things right away that are weak points or things that should be done as a precaution. its a hobby of course little by little everything is gonna be changed but whats the 1st few steps. when ever everyone done threadjacking stating there favorites maybe i can get some answers. 
Old 10-26-2009, 04:36 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

ok, replace the drive line. Get a rear tail fin. Get LIPO batteries. And 2 chargers. Carry spair upper/lower suspention arms, wheel hex'es, a steering servo, but dont do any of it until you break something, drive it like you stole it mate and find out what fails first.........
Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

u DO NOT NEED LIPOS unless your rich!
i run RS nimh 3300's in my gen 2 e-maxx for the past 3 yrs with no probs.
just recently replced my 3rd chassis. decided to unplug the shifting servo and keep it in 1st.
save money on parts this way!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:16 AM
mxdubbs

I was asking a simple question.
Dont forget when aksking a question your going to get an ansewer.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 AM
nickpic

1st i never said i was askin a simple questions.
2nd again you r not helping when others are trying

Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

[quote]ORIGINAL: trx1

u DO NOT NEED LIPOS unless your rich!
i run RS nimh 3300's in my gen 2 e-maxx for the past 3 yrs with no probs.

Who's rich ?

Its more like who's silly and didnt look around, just how much were those CRAPPY 3000 Nimh, and how slow are they compaired to LIPO mate ???

If you want instant torque on demand its LIPO all the way buddy.

Its a good chance your 3000Nimh were more expencive than my 5000mah LIPO's !

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7311# for the 1/16th revo

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=9184# for 1/10 and 1/8th scale. standard size battery. Will eat your Nimh 3000Mah !
Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 AM
nickpic

yeah if u shop around lipos arent THAT bad
Old 10-28-2009, 04:18 PM
VXL BURRITO

I have a Stampede VXL. My first hobby car actually.. I would get an RPM front bumper for sure. A servo saver is also good to get because I've went through a couple of them.. But like someone else said, don't upgrade till you break things. I took a couple hard hits from landing on concrete front bumper first and broke the chassis, bulkhead, and one of the supports for the chassis. I abused it, but overall it was very sturdy. No broken A-Arms or anything. But RPM is really good to get. Lifetime replacement too if they break. I've had 4600mah Ener-G batteries and it flies!! It rolls over a lot though haha unlike my Revo I got after. Fun truck, very fun.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 PM
mxdubbs

1. I did try to help.
2. I said that "I" was just asking a simple question.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:32 PM
jd31

get a weelie bar if you have npt alreaddy +1 for the rpm arms, get a few sets of spur gears and experiment with the different ratios to see what works best for you
Old 10-28-2009, 06:49 PM
VXL BURRITO

ORIGINAL: jd31

get a weelie bar if you have npt alreaddy +1 for the rpm arms, get a few sets of spur gears and experiment with the different ratios to see what works best for you
I forgot about spur gears. I've went through 3 of them so far. Mine came with a wheelie bar. If yours doesn't have one, you NEED one for sure.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
jd31

also get the rubber wheels if u get the traxxas weelie bar, it will help you keep stable longer and it has a better quality then the plastic ones included which burn up pretty fast (or atleast mine did)