Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx help

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 01:58 PM
dkh210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx help

My Uncle has a T-Maxx that came stock with a .15 and I'm giving him some money for it since he can't run it anymore and Iwas asking my friend how much would a 3.3 in it cost and he thinks Ineed a conversion kit for it and if so how much would that be.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: T-Maxx help

Not sure on the fitment, but I know that Traxxas offers an exchange program for new motors. You get X amount for a used Traxxas motor towards the purchase of a new one.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:24 PM
dkh210

Yeah I knew bout that but I can only get a 2.5 and  from what I understand its not as fast as a 3.3 but it is pretty fast
Old 10-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Snook Man

You will need the conversion kit to install either the 2.5 or the 3.3 engine in the TMaxx.

The .15 is a rotary carb and side exhaust. The 2.5/3.3 are slide valve carbs and rear exhaust.
The kit includes a header, stock plastic pipe, throttle bellcrank, all the required linkage/hardware and a template to drill the chassis.

The .15 easy start will not work on the 2.5 or 3.3 so you will also need to use the pull start supplied with the new engine or get a new easy start system.
After you send the old engine in to traxxas:
The 2.5 cost $85.00 + $5.00 for shipping and handling.
The 3.3 cost $110.00 + the 5 for shipping & handling.

The conversion kit from .15 to 2.5/3.3 cost  $25.00 through the ERP.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:24 PM
rangerfredbob
My Feedback: (13)

the 3.3 will DESTROY the stock driveshafts (would require a bunch more money to upgrade all of the stuff to handle the engine), if you are new to RC, get something easier to put in than doing a conversion, the OS .18 CV RX-S is by far the easiest engine that's more power to install in a pro .15 maxx, $120 on Tower Hobbies right now, about the same power as a 2.5, really wakes up the maxx... the OS is easier to tune than a 2.5 and will hold it a lot longer, comes with a nice air filter too
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 AM
dkh210

Ok so I need atleast $110 for the conversion and the driveshafts I'll worry bout after its all hooked up till than I got my Revo to run. Thanks guys really appreciate it as I start working on it I'll post pictures up and show my progress.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:14 PM
mjg3

i have the os18 cvrx in 2 of my tmaxx classics and it was a cut and dry drop in. they will wheelie all day long, the tunning is simple. although i now need new drive lines in both, rear diff in 1 and the rear centershaft in the other.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
rc_mad_man
My Feedback: (1)

all you need is the slide carb throttle linkage and throttle bell crank. i just did it and got eveything for under 11 bucks offf ebay. i already had the steel cvds and engine. but for the throttle linkage i used ebay. the motor mount off the .15 will fit the 2.5 i dunno bout 3.3.