Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Aluminum vs RPM Witch 1 is better ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:19 PM
cmerritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aluminum vs RPM Witch 1 is better ???

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

there's alot of sally talk going on in here, RPM is the king, most aluminum is heavy and a waste of money, all you get is a reflection in the sun
ever heard of UE?

guess you can't convince everyone...
Old 12-15-2009, 10:50 PM
phreaktor

People love to be critical of what they can't afford and the person that buys it. I'm building a 100% aluminum Maxx because thats what I want. if anything its going to be more of a "model" for my man cave than something to be ran in the dirt. I have 8 RC vehicles I can run at any time. This is all about the build process and visual asthetics to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:58 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: phreaktor

People love to be critical of what they can't afford and the person that buys it. I'm building a 100% aluminum Maxx because thats what I want. if anything its going to be more of a ''model'' for my man cave than something to be ran in the dirt. I have 8 RC vehicles I can run at any time. This is all about the build process and visual asthetics to me.
Thank you!! someone else who understands

here's my build that i'm building from scratch. All UE, Dace, GARC! Best of the Best IMO

Old 12-16-2009, 01:25 AM
xxxtsuperstud18

nice ride cmerritt. especially comin from a guy who is all rpm. if you go aluminum then do what merritt did here and go for the best.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Mopar Or Nocar

cmerritt, that is sick dude, love it! What engine is going in it?
Old 12-16-2009, 09:53 AM
cmerritt

xxxtsuperstud18: thanks! I've discovered UE a little over a year ago and decided I wanted a Supermaxx. Except now I have more like 1 1/2 supermaxx's cause by basher tmaxx is slowly getting converted haha

minit_racer: thanks! It's a tough choice for the engine. I'll be getting a BB for my other truck so this truck will either get the OS 18TM in my bashing truck now, or get os 21tm, or maybe even a BB engine. It's not in that picture but there is a monoblock on the truck so I could run a BB engine if i wanted. here's the monoblock in a different picture... (in the early stages)
Old 12-16-2009, 04:31 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*cough*

*cough*

Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Shelf queens always look better with alloy, who's debating that, l notice the, ''were richer and buy expensive crud''  line in there a few posts back, richer isnt smarter dude........
RPM will outlast your alloy junk in realworld use.
l can afford all that junk to, but l would rather own 4 new cars than do one up with alloy to be destroyed useing it, so in alot of cases its a bad waste of cash, and a slightly daft thing to do..........
Cmerit, that chassis does look awsome no question.
What a waste of cash but......
Shelf it or wreck it.
Then buy a standard revo for thrashing !
LOL a standard revo thats, erm, plastic !
Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Redvanmafia

It doesn't matter, aluminum will bend i don't care what kind it is, warp slightly its all the same thing, and you pay top dollar, Like i said most of the momma's boys on here will say aluminum, but if aluminum was brown none of you kids would like it, simple as that, for under 20 bucks get rpms parts and you'll be more then happy and still be able to buy all bubble gum you want. if your rents are stupid enough to buy you all aluminum they must be retarded but i didn't think retarded people could get high paying jobs, you learn something new everyday i guess
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

if your rents are stupid enough to buy you all aluminum they must be retarded but i didn't think retarded people could get high paying jobs, you learn something new everyday i guess
wow that's a good line there smart guy... I actually buy EVERYTHING for my trucks. I support my hobby by myself and my rents don't pay for any of it. And I still have saved enough money for college. I have a job and I make my own money to support my hobby. Also guess what smart guy... my truck has increased by about oh i dunno... $550 so far since I've had it. Has your truck increased in value? didn't think so. It's great. I guess i'm just a stupid 18 year old kid though who wasted his money

Yeah I could buy RPM and guess what I do and I run it on my basher truck. I love it. NEver said i didn't. However, I wanted to build an aluminum truck that I could actually run and it not be bent to hell if i landed wrong. It's my truck, I do what I want. So stop criticizing and let it go. Sorry I don't want exactly what you want. Live with it. Also stop acting like a 4 year old calling my rents retarded!

piddlefoot... Thanks. That chassis is actually a very popular racing chassis. Dace predator. Great chassis. Uber lightweight and extremely strong!!! This truck will be a shelf queen and will be run. Not as much as my bashing truck but it will be run no doubt!

fab> I thought about that engine. Just not sure because of all the leaks i've heard about. Still considering it though
Old 12-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Mopar Or Nocar

I noticed the RPM arms on fabs truck... woohoo
Old 12-17-2009, 12:34 PM
laganm21

Im with Fab21 here he help be build my BB maxx and he knows what he is talking about, I run RPM arm , and you know why, its because they are cheap and strong, (and no they dont have the Damn Bling Bling factor thats for rappers and kids.) RPM was a Answer to our prayers they made a product that the people wanted ,before RPM we had stock arm and ALU and the ALU did not solve the problem because they bent, SO thank you RPM your a life saver ( i just taking about A arms) I Run a alu Bulk head and diff cases and shock towers, Alu has its place, just not on the a arms , So for the person that make this thred get RPM and with the saved money buy some ungrades for the truck , as we all know a tmaxx is never finished LOL
Old 12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: laganm21

SO thank you RPM your a life saver ( i just taking about A arms) I Run a alu Bulk head and diff cases and shock towers, Alu has its place, just not on the a arms , So for the person that make this thred get RPM and with the saved money buy some ungrades for the truck , as we all know a tmaxx is never finished LOL
+1 for maxx's a saying i saw on the traxxas forums was...aluminum down the middle, RPM on the corners. good advice IMO.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:44 AM
fabrimacator21

ORIGINAL: cmerritt

fab> I thought about that engine. Just not sure because of all the leaks i've heard about. Still considering it though

10 minutes with sealer and your golden. Just need to make sure you seal them right....
Old 12-19-2009, 11:39 AM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: fabrimacator21

ORIGINAL: cmerritt

10 minutes with sealer and your golden. Just need to make sure you seal them right....
true. That's high on my list. Some guys on the UE forums have been talking about BB engines too so I have probably 4 that I'm currently considering. I have till the spring though because I'm not gonna bother breaking it in while it's freezing outside haha