Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

TMAXX 3.3 PROBLEM HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
garrett122491

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMAXX 3.3 PROBLEM HELP!!!!!

I recently bought a used traxxas tmaxx 3.3(4909). The car ran good until last night when i went to start it[&o]. The easy start skips and when it acually grabs the berring the car trys to roll when the motor turns over. My friend thinks it is a clutch issue, but he says he doesn't no much about nitro. I am really new to nitro and i wanna get this fixed. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
RCCanuck

Default RE: TMAXX 3.3 PROBLEM HELP!!!!!

2 issues....clutch spring is broken....very coomon with the stock set up.....pill the clutchbell and have a looksee also your OWB(one way bearing) is full of mung and dirt and it is slipping....pull the backplate and clean it all out with brake cleaner then use some bearing oil on the actual bearing and it should get you started again,,,,it will need to be replaced when you can
Old 11-03-2009, 07:13 PM
garrett122491

is the clutch spring the same as the slipper spring? I am looking at a diagram on traxxas website.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 PM
RCCanuck

nope the clutch spring is wrapped around the 2 clutch shoes that are attached to the flywheel on the engine....behind the clutchbell
Old 11-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Kingfamily8

Also check the clutch bell bearings. I hade the same issue with my truckmoving when i used the ez-start. It turned out to be a butsed clutch bell bearing. I changed that and it worked fine again.