Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

DIFF OIL????

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIFF OIL????

Hey guys im in theprocess of rebuilding my front and rear diffs for the first time and i was wondering what ur guys suggestions would be for oils? should i stick with the stock diff cups that came on my tmaxx(4908) or should upgarde to steel or aluminum? the stock diff cups are the same as the new revos i drive mainly on fairly hard surfaces,and im running oversized 40 series big joe tires from proline im not sure if where i drive matters for the type of oil i use??? thanx in advance for all ur help on this topic
Old 11-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Snook Man

Default RE: DIFF OIL????

30K in the front 10K in the rear works well...Also  50K front/30K rear works well for me.

If your stock cups are holding up to the mill your running, no need to upgrade unless you start having problems.
Shimmed well with good bearings the stock diffs hold up well with 3.3 power.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

thanx man!!! shimmed? sorry im not sure what ya mean! the pin in my rear spun inside the plastic cup and sheared all 4 screws off and left a big grove all the way around the cup..... probably allot to do with the big tires and the fact my slipper was as tight as i could get it.....if i do decide to go to metal or aluminum what do u think the best brand would be? i do plan by xmas to drop the 3.3 and put in a .26 red dot
Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Snook Man

Most likely the tight slipper had alot to do with the diff failing.
I run the EMaxx diffs in my trucks and they hold up well to .26/.28 engines. They are much stronger than the stock TMaxx diffs.. They have a steel I beam that reinforces the cup and helps keep the flex down along with steel recievers for the spider pin so it does not spin in the cup.
The complete diff can be found on ebay for around $12.00 each.
Be aware that the EMaxx diff uses a slightly shorter input pinion.
I havn't used aluminum diff cups since the newer type diffs came out.
Here's a link to diff shimming. The same principle applies to all diffs.
http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...ntial+shimming

Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

thanx a million man,this will help allot!!!