Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

jato or e-revo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato or e-revo?

hey guys icurrently have a tmaxx 4908,and i just got a nice bonus from work and i want ur guys opinion onwhich toy to buy next?? jato vs e-revoboth of theses toys are veryappealing to me for different reasons.....jato= lots of speed and wheelie pwr and the fact that i do alot of driving on pavement........e-revo= waterproof for the upcoming winter season and obviously the plug and playconvenience.......what do you guys think? PROS AND CONS will help make mydecision alot easier..........thanx in advance for all ur input on this thread!!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:40 PM
futureboy1969

Default RE: jato or e-revo?

Well I have to ask u this How r yor tuning skills? does yor tmaxx run good and u have no prob. with tuning it. ?
Old 11-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

meh i aint no pro at it but yeah my 3.3 worked pretty well most of the time but rite now my maxx is layed up for awhile till my new picco.26 and a few other parts show up for it
Old 11-23-2009, 02:58 AM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

l broke my jato engine mount 4 times from flips, and stupid jumps, jato dont like jumps much, its fast but only on a nice smooth surface, its easy to tune a 3.3, and the jato is fast with the standard 3.3 TRX, however, the E-Revo is faster, off road and on road, both the 1/16th revo and the 1/10th e-revo are faster with the right battery. An 11.1 volt battery for the 1/16th and two 11.1v  batteries in the 1/10th e-revo.
The E-revo is so much tougher than the jato, its a no brainer. It can be driven on or off road and set up like wise. It will smash a jato in a race, although the jato is one of the few nitro cars that can even come close. The jato is 2wd the revo's are all 4wd. Power to the ground on take of is revo territory.
The LIPO batteries needed to make a revo fly like a rocket can be purchased for 30 $ each, for 180$ you can run for hours if you take 2 chargers along.Chargers can be purchased for about 60 each, and there good chargers that balance etc. In the long run electric is cheaper, in the short run nitro is cheaper.
Personally l will never buy another jato, just dont use it enough, but l own several revo's, of every model, my favourite is without a dought, the brushless E-Revo line.
The 1/16th revo beats the 1/10 revo to 60km/h, then the 1/10th revo blasts past it, on a road, off the road the 1/10th revo eats everything !

Get an E-Revo......either scale is good but 1/10th is best fun.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:45 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

l broke my jato engine mount 4 times from flips, and stupid jumps, jato dont like jumps much, its fast but only on a nice smooth surface, its easy to tune a 3.3, and the jato is fast with the standard 3.3 TRX, however, the E-Revo is faster, off road and on road, both the 1/16th revo and the 1/10th e-revo are faster with the right battery. An 11.1 volt battery for the 1/16th and two 11.1v batteries in the 1/10th e-revo.
The E-revo is so much tougher than the jato, its a no brainer. It can be driven on or off road and set up like wise. It will smash a jato in a race, although the jato is one of the few nitro cars that can even come close. The jato is 2wd the revo's are all 4wd. Power to the ground on take of is revo territory.
The LIPO batteries needed to make a revo fly like a rocket can be purchased for 30 $ each, for 180$ you can run for hours if you take 2 chargers along.Chargers can be purchased for about 60 each, and there good chargers that balance etc. In the long run electric is cheaper, in the short run nitro is cheaper.
Personally l will never buy another jato, just dont use it enough, but l own several revo's, of every model, my favourite is without a dought, the brushless E-Revo line.
The 1/16th revo beats the 1/10 revo to 60km/h, then the 1/10th revo blasts past it, on a road, off the road the 1/10th revo eats everything !

Get an E-Revo......either scale is good but 1/10th is best fun.

You seriously crack me up "piddlefoot".
Old 11-23-2009, 02:34 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Its good l entertain you !
Unsure why that was so funny, but each to there own !
Old 11-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Mspeed

I have two jato's, nitro revo, and just purchased the E revo brushless edition. I loved my jato's for the high speed runs and just the over all nitro sound/smoke, the revo was fun for the rough stuff and big jumps.

Now that I got my E revo brushless I find it to be the best of both worlds, Fast on 6s and can take the big hits/jumps and go anywhere. If I were to get back into the nitro, I'd just get the Losi Speed NT, cause the tranny is tougher, handling and traction is better due to the weight distributoin. I would go through a lot of tranny gears on my jatos with a hopped up motor and good tune.