Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Stampede Batteries?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
marcucci123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede Batteries?

I just bought my 5 year old a Stampede XL-5 for a Christmas gift and was wondering if this battery would be any good and if so what kind of run time would I get out of it?? I am new to this and am sorry if it's been asked a million times before. This is the battery. - http://cgi.ebay.com/8-4V-5000mAh-Fla...item518ec276a8 I read chinese batteries = no go so let me know if you have any information or suggestions. I am looking for cheapest + longest run time. and when they say waterproof, do they mean the stampede can forge a stream or just run on wet grass?? and finally is there anyway I can rig up my own quick charger say by using an actual car charger that has adjustable volt settings?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:50 AM
scoobs92

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stampede Batteries?

thats 8.4 volts that might be a bit too fast for a 5 year old also thats a bit much for a titan assuming its stock and i dont believe that will fit in a stampede i use 7.4 and thats about all i can fit. a good 7.4 nimh 4200 would be fine for a 5 year old or even a 3000 tower has some nice batteries and a wide selection or check ebay ive seen a 7.2 5000 new for 25