Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

integy shocks yay or nay?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integy shocks yay or nay?????

www.rcplanet.com/Integy_Super_Heavy_Duty_MSR8_Shock_T_Maxx_p/intt3664blue.htmi was gonna go with traxxas big bores but i like the looks of these integy shocks,does anyone else on here run them? has anyone heard anything about them from a reliable source? im not asking for the opinion of people that have never had integy gear in the past and are just jumping on the band wagon and gonna bash integy just cause everyone else does...id really much rather have someone who has had them and knows fromexperience.......maybe im gonna start a lil war here but know that im on this topic,why is it that everyone thinks integy is soo bad? im sure everything they make isnt the best but they must make some stuff thats good? they have more aftermarket parts for the t-maxx then i have ever seen from another company.......and one more thing to add is that everyone says what a crappy warranty they have but who really cares for the price........traxxas themselves dont offer any warranty for commonly broken parts.......i completely shredded a traxxas tire the first tank of fuel past break in and traxxas refused to do anything about it............i blew up a 3.3 a week after break in and traxxas refused to do anything about it,dont get me wrong im not trying to bash traxxas in anyway im just trying to prove a point......besides rpm gear ur gonna pay BIG bucks for parts that have a warranty ,its the nature of our hobby........i think its silly to expect a company to warranty a part that was broken by someone jumping a house or slamming into a tree @ 40mph.......anyway guys i now vented and looking forward to hearing all ur factual comments!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21091.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1332282  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:21 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: integy shocks yay or nay?????

Funny how nobody wants to comment on Integy here... If you want personal experience, I will give you some thats close.. My friend runs those shocks on his T-maxx.. All he does is wheelies and mild off road.. They look great and perform as expected, but he doesn't push them...I can't say if he's had any problems with them because he doesn't push that truck..Thats the best I can give you...
Old 12-12-2009, 09:40 AM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

I buy them new and used. A used set and a rebuild kit is an inexpensive way to get a good set of shocks. If you are running a T-Maxx and are going to be jumping you should limit the travel of your a-arms so that the shock is not the limiter and you will have no problems. I run Integy shocks on most of my RC's, including my heavy jumper, without issue.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:26 PM
xxxtsuperstud18

dont waste your money.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:39 PM
fabrimacator21

ORIGINAL: xxxtsuperstud18

dont waste your money.

X2.... go with the big bores..... integy is infamous for a reason.

I run the big bores and couldn't be happier with them.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

Most everyting I have boughten that was Integy was pure crap. My bro bought there HD Steel cv drive shats for the 3.3 tmaxx and he broke the shaft where the barrel and pin go through. They broke within a half a tank, with no jumping. He went to wheelie and snap.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Redvanmafia

integy stuff is known to be cheaply made
Old 12-13-2009, 09:56 PM
cmerritt

I bought some integy products once.

My advice, their springs are great! I also had some bulkheads, shocks and skids that I bought when i was just getting into the hobby with my 2.5 maxx. The shocks leaked like hell, skids were worse than the plastic ones and bent super easily and then broke off shortly after. The bulks cracked. since then I've avoided integy and similar brands!!!

honestly, don't waste your money because they look cool. FYI the reservoirs don't make a difference at this scale. Go with big bores, 1/8th scale shocks (Ofna or UE) and be done with it. Just do it right the first time and don't waste you time and money on integy.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:33 AM
fabrimacator21

ORIGINAL: cmerritt

honestly, don't waste your money because they look cool. FYI the reservoirs don't make a difference at this scale. Go with big bores, 1/8th scale shocks (Ofna or UE) and be done with it. Just do it right the first time and don't waste you time and money on integy.
I don't even understand why they put reseviors on them. They do absolutly nothing. Real resevoir shocks are charged with either nitrogen, hydrogen, or some sort of gas which helps keep the oil from bubbling when the shock is cycled continuously..... the integy shocks just look like they work.... that's about it. They don't actually work like a resevoir shock and I've heard tons of people complaining about leaks.

Integy=shelf queens.

X2 on the integy skids.... I too bought them (as well as integy bulkheads) for my 2.5 when I was new to the hobby and my front skid bent WAY too easily after a few runs. I still run the Integy front bulkheads though.... had them for years haven't had a problem with them yet even after my 50mph head on wreck into a curb. My chassis bent (because it looks like a cheese grater) which saved the Integy bulkheads.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Revy
My Feedback: (1)

The MSR5s that I had when I first got back into the game, leaked after a couple runs. My vote is nay. Integy has had one or two good products. It is definatly buyer beware with them. They do have 7075 bulks and servo mounts that werk well, but most of their goods are made out of some sort of soft alloy. Read the fine print when it comes to Integy.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

well guys id like to think that ur all wrong but i guess in reality im gonna have to go with the majority.......its really too bad that integy has such a bad name cause they make some awesome looking gearfor the maxx.....im in the middle of a winter rebuild and i have already bought integy 7075 front and rear bulks,7075 integy front and rear shock towers,and 7075 integy chassis braces and my maxx aint gonna be no shelf queen so i guess time will tell how she hold up, ill keep ya all informed on how i make out......not to be rude but i hope to prove ya all wrong.....i still stand by the fact that if theses parts are at least equal to the stock maxx parts that the extra $$$ is worth it just on looks alone......thanx for all ur replies and advice!!!..........HAVE FUN AND BASH HARD!!!!!!! ur friend scott
Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Redvanmafia

the only people wrong here are the ones running integy parts
Old 12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Randizle

ya integy isnt very good there products may look nice but they ant worth squat
Old 12-14-2009, 07:30 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I have run Integy parts before, and form that, I can tell you, most of their stuff for nitro RCs are bad and have no business being on an RC that will actually be drive. That means those parts are fit for no other services except to make a shelf queen pretty.

Though I have not run any TMaxx Integy parts, my experience comes from the Integy parts used for Savages. My personal experiences are the shocks and the alum clutch. I had some other parts too, but they slip my mind.

The integy flywheel and alum clutch shoes are as mentoined above, made from very soft alum. I paid $12 USD for these clutch sets, and I hate to say that the alum was so soft that I could have just stayed with the stock plastic shoes form HPI. I remember the shoes wearing down so quickly that they were lightened and I noticed that I would have to pull the trigger back further before the shoes would engage. Upon finally taking off the CB to service the shoes and inspect the spring (I initially thought the springs might be binding, thus the later clutch engagement), alum shards and dust fell out. I should have just bought Mugen alum shoes for like $26. Twice the cost, but not the problem.

Ths shocks, I cannot say that I got to the point that they were leaking. I bent the shock rods by doing jumps, rather high ones (more than 8ft air I am guessing). The steel used is too soft for that kind of thing. So as mentioned earlier in an above post, these shocks might be okay for mild jumps, but dont you dare do any hard core jumps.

My nehighbor had the steering linkage and alum bumpers for his Savage. The bumpers are absolutely worthless as functional RC bumpers. They were never designed for the typical bumps and hits RC bumpers take, so my advice is stick with plastic bumpers because alum has no business performing RC bumper duty; even high quality 7075 T6 treated ones. The steering linkage is kind of a mixed thing. It was great in that it tightened steering up at first, but unfortunately, it did not have a servo saver feature. So bumps and typical RC hits, even small ones, eventually made the linkage set lose its tightness as the softer alum wore out by rounding out and steering slop began to develop. Going with a steering linkage system with a servo saver design would have spared al this.

Now, despite Integy's faults, I do give them this: They make some very nice tools. The original Integy hex set, before they started to hire cheap sub contractors from China, are great and one of the top of the line RC tools. And I do admit even some of their imported rebadged Chinese hex drivers are actually okay too. I do wish that they would dump the shelf queen part mentality and go for quality hop-up parts to put on our nitros instead of trying to win everybody over just because they are cheap and they look shiny.