Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx rebuild questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Mr.Goodbytes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx rebuild questions.

Earlier today I was digging around the garage and found the remains of my old T-Maxx. It is the original T-Maxx with the .15 Pro engine. I got it used around 7-8 years ago and it was a blast to drive but after the engine died I shelved it and really haven't touched it sense. I thought it would be fun to rebuild and upgrade the hell out of it. The only surviving parts are the chassis, front and rear diffs, front and rear suspension, transmission, and a bag full of random parts and hardware. Normally I would just buy a new T-Maxx but with the massive amount aftermarket part, in the end it would be cheaper to start from scratch. What parts, if any, that can be used on new 3.3 T-Maxx that are compatible with my T-Maxx. Or should I just start from scratch?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-Maxx rebuild questions.

just about everything on the new T-maxx can be used.. you have to be careful which parts you get however.. the new maxx has the extended chassis... If you stick with the T-maxx classic parts you will be fine..... If you go to the traxxas website and look at the parts blowups.. you can see what parts are the same.. The main differences in the newer maxx's are the Trans, axles pivot carriers, chassis and the body.. the rest are the same... If you go to auction sites or most stores, the new Maxx parts are listed as the "New T-Maxx"...
Old 01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Smiff 24

I think your original t-maxx has narrower suspension arms (upper and lower a arms)
the later 2.5 was considered a wide maxx
whatever you change out compair the parts on traxxas site like cenracer said...
a lot will interchange.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Mr.Goodbytes

Sweet, thanks for the help. I have a set of RPM arms installed right now. But they are purple and I'm not all to fond of that color so if i get a black set for the 3.3 will the shafts be long enough and if they are not will the ones for the 3.3 bolt on to my current diff and such?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:22 AM
ArloRogers
My Feedback: (1)

You will need the new longer axles if you use the wider arms, but both will be direct bolt ons .
Old 01-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Revy

If you have the .15 A -arm, they aren' the same width. The newer RPM arms are the 3.3 width. If you are going to put a new suspension on then look at the RPM Tru-tracks for the rear. Much better set up, imo.

As for motor, what did you plan on putting in? IF you want real bb power, may I suggest the Picco .26 Maxx.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Mr.Goodbytes

The Picco .26 Maxx is on the top of my list at the moment. But seeing that will be one of the more expensive components, it will be one of the last.

It seems that the majority of the hardware has gone missing and/or replaced with random hardware found around my dad's garage. I found a few hardware set made by RC Screws. The different set are for the Classic, 2.5, and the 3.3. Is there any real difference other than price?
Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Revy

Stay away from them. They are worse material than the stock ones! Tony's Screws is an awesome supplier of top quality hardware. I use 'em and have yet to have a fastener failure on my SM.

http://www.tonysscrews.com/product.sc?productId=267

Old 01-02-2010, 03:40 PM
nitrorc89

i am in the the somewhat the same rebuild for reliablity which is better picco.26 or os.21 whats everyones opinion... i am goig white rpm a-arms then dye them my own color....
Old 01-03-2010, 02:23 PM
T.L.A.R. eng

The old pro .15 chassis pan will have to be drilled for the belcrank to convert rotory carb to slide carb. Easily done, but you may consider picking up a 3.3 pan as they are slightly longer and have the belcrank holes there.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:29 AM
Mr.Goodbytes

Or I could just get a rotary carb.