Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Traxxas Sportmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Sportmaxx

I have a Sportmaxx that I can get to run right for nuthin. The trottle is sticking a little bit. Like when i floor it for a second and let off it stays wide open for like 3 sec until it idles back down. It also over heats and shuts off all the time. Can anybody give me some tips on what to do about this.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:04 PM

Default RE: Traxxas Sportmaxx

With the trottle sticking, check the servo and make sure it's ok. You might have binding in the servo or a bad receiver.

The overheating is probably because you are running too lean, causing the engine to stall/cut off. Return the needles back to factory setting . BTW which engine do you have? Also how hot is it getting and what is the ambient temp?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:07 PM

It has a 2.5. I dont have no clue how to tune that thing. Im not exactly sure how hot it gets. I dont have a temp guage but it starts smoking and stuff
Old 01-17-2010, 08:21 PM

Do you have the manual that came with the truck?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:42 AM
My Feedback: (4)

I would imagine if it is getting hot enough to smoke the throttle isnt sticking. It is probably because it is super lean, probably to the point where damage is occuring to the engine.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:38 PM

Check the servo and set the needles back to factory settings.

If you don't have your manual anymore, you can go to http://www.traxxas.com/products/nitr...maxx_views.htm at the bottom you'll find the original user manual. Page 28 describes those adjustments.

Good luck!
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 PM

I printed out the adjustments for tuning but I don understand it completely. I read sumthing that said tightin it up all the way then back itout 4 turns and go from there. it isnt just the throttle lagging its the steering too. Half the time it dont even steer. ou can hear the servo moving then it just stops. I dont know whats wrong with it.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Cameron18

I printed out the adjustments for tuning but I don understand it completely. I read sumthing that said tightin it up all the way then back itout 4 turns and go from there.
What it is saying, is on the high speed needle (HSN)turn it until it is closed, than look at it and turn it back 4 full turns. And on the low speed needle (LSN)you want to turn it until it is also closed and than turn it back 1 and a half turns back.

This should set it back to factory settings.

ORIGINAL: Cameron18
it isnt just the throttle lagging its the steering too. Half the time it dont even steer. ou can hear the servo moving then it just stops. I dont know whats wrong with it.
Sounds like you have either a radio problem or a receiver problem. You might have to replace both of them.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:35 PM

I have an extra controller Im going to try and I bought a new intenna for it cuz my old one broke. If that dont work then Ill replace the servos.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:41 PM
My Feedback: (32)

I am guessing that you are still using aa's for the receiver.  Try either rechargable or a actual receiver pack for more power to your servos.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM

Yes I am using new AAs still. I dont really have the money for the better batteries right now. It worked just fine before I stored it. It has been sittin up for like 4 or 5 years now. Anything else you suspect to be wrong with it?