Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
REVO
69.44%
T-maxx
30.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

TMAXX VS. Revo POLL!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 05:17 PM
MPevine11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMAXX VS. Revo POLL!!

THE QUESTION!
if you had a choice to choose a revo or a T-maxx, any style you wanted ( model # ) and you had money to buy what ever upgrades you wanted what would you choose?!

* NOTE CANNOT POST 'both'

mise well tell what you voted for what you voted for

** i already own a truck, i just want to see what you guys vote for! **
this is not a what should i buy poll!

Thanks all:
mike Pevine
Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TMAXX VS. Revo POLL!!

revo all the way.

Just a better truck in general.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:24 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

E-Revo brushless, lipo..
Just smashes all the nitro maxxes and revos.

Revo is a far better machine than a T-Craps.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:11 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Revo, just plain better. I know because I have owned both.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
MPevine11

who voted T-maxx and why?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: MPevine11

I was wondering the same thing.lol. The t-maxx I owned was an older model but for all I know the new ones may be stronger.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Crumbshark

Besides the suspension what is the difference between the two? I bought a revo but had a friend recommend the T-Maxx because of the availability of aftermarket parts.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Jgaff2

I voted revo and I don't even have one! I have an Emaxx and it's awesome but as I have read about tmaxx's and revo's, I just think the revo is better.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Crumbshark

Besides the suspension what is the difference between the two? I bought a revo but had a friend recommend the T-Maxx because of the availability of aftermarket parts.
Revos are 100% different than t-maxxes, the revo has more aftermarket than the t-maxx. Don't listen to your friend.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:24 PM
MPevine11

i deffently agree, i find it much easier to fine aftermarket revo parts! ( i no longer have a t-maxx...... traded cash + t-maxx for one of my revos )

9-revo votes......
1-T-Maxx

KEEP THE VOTES COMMING GUYS!!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

i voted tmaxx not because i think they are better,but just on looks alone......i think the tmaxx is a more accurate representation of a monster truck.......and if money was no object id build a UE SUPERMAXX ,ford f 650 body,40series proline mashers,beadlock rims,and at least a picco red dot for an engine............GO TMAXX GO
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: Crumbshark

Revos are 100% different than t-maxxes, the revo has more aftermarket than the t-maxx. Don't listen to your friend.

the tmaxx has a lot more aftermarket parts then the revo dude.........tmaxx has been around for years..........UE is the number one name in the aftermarket and i dont even think they make parts for the revo........CRUMBSHARK ur friend was rite!!!

as for 100% different,wrong again......the latest tmaxx 4908 and 4907 both come with revo spec drivelines.......axles,center shafts,tranny gears,diff gears and cups are all stock on the new maxx
Old 04-09-2010, 09:11 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Mr max wheelie is correct.

Revo is still a better machine though, and when UE do make revo parts boy are they gunna be wikid.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

yes a better machine in some ways piddlefoot........revo is more track worthy stock and easier to do big block mods down the road.......tmaxx is lighter and looks nicer (IMO).......is the revo any tougher? (debatable).......tmaxx is easier to work on then the revo........more aftermarket parts for the tmaxx.........revo handles better.......tmaxx wheelies better.......revo isnt as top heavy so more stable...........revo is almost $200 more expensive, is it really worth it? (debatable) ..........those are just to list a few things off the top of my head, it really comes down to personal preference and what your gonna use the truck for
Old 04-09-2010, 09:46 PM
gonzobot

I'm a savage guy but i do own a tmaxx and if i had to choose between my max and a revo i would definitely get the revo just like the design better
Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: Mr Max Wheelie

yes a better machine in some ways piddlefoot........revo is more track worthy stock and easier to do big block mods down the road.......tmaxx is lighter and looks nicer (IMO).......is the revo any tougher? (debatable).......tmaxx is easier to work on then the revo........more aftermarket parts for the tmaxx.........revo handles better.......tmaxx wheelies better.......revo isnt as top heavy so more stable...........revo is almost $200 more expensive, is it really worth it? (debatable) ..........those are just to list a few things off the top of my head, it really comes down to personal preference and what your gonna use the truck for

I don't understand why people think the t-maxxes look better than the revos, I guess it's kinda like the ak-47 vs m4a1 , I think the ak-47 looks better but it's not as accurate as the m4.Back on topic imo I think the revos looks WAY better than the t-maxxes. I also think the revo is a better racer and basher. I'm not biased as I have owned both, I got rid of the t-maxx and got the revo.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:54 PM
xtremes15

tmaxx is good revo is better, i got them both, thats my 2 cents
Old 04-10-2010, 02:06 AM
llZer0

t-maxx
Old 04-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: Mr Max Wheelie

yes a better machine in some ways piddlefoot........revo is more track worthy stock and easier to do big block mods down the road.......tmaxx is lighter and looks nicer (IMO).......is the revo any tougher? (debatable).......tmaxx is easier to work on then the revo........more aftermarket parts for the tmaxx.........revo handles better.......tmaxx wheelies better.......revo isnt as top heavy so more stable...........revo is almost $200 more expensive, is it really worth it? (debatable) ..........those are just to list a few things off the top of my head, it really comes down to personalpreference and what your gonna use the truck for

I don't understand why people think the t-maxxes look better than the revos, I guess it's kinda like the ak-47 vs m4a1 , I think the ak-47 looks better but it's not as accurate as the m4.Back on topic imo I think the revos looks WAY better than the t-maxxes. I also think the revo is a better racer and basher. I'm not biased as I have owned both, I got rid of the t-maxx and got the revo.
i think the reason most people like the the looks of the tmaxx better is because it looks like a real truck............when i went to buy my first rc i had $1000 i had done noresearch,all i knew is that i wanted a traxxas because of theavailability of parts at the LHS........the owner showed me the revo first then the maxx,once i seen the maxx there was no question as to which one would be my first truck........the one and only reason i regret that decision is the fact that the maxx is limited to only a couple different engine combos and no true big blocks without finding and buying an extended chassis

Old 04-10-2010, 11:07 AM
MPevine11

ORIGINAL: llZer0

t-maxx [img][/img]

wow dude cool thanks for the reason why you voted [:@]

dont vote for what you guys have............

P.S Keep them revo votes comming

post some pics if you want to!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Mr Max Wheelie

this is my tmaxx (4908)......titanium skids and bumpers, integy 7075 aluminum bulk heads,shock towers,chassis braces and servo guard, traxxas big bore shocks with integy springs, traxxas high torque digital waterproof servos, traxxas steel axles, traxxas aluminium wheelie bar wheels with traxxas rubber tires, robinson racing steel tranny gears,diff gears,and light weight vented fly wheel, mip clutch, rpm a-arms and axle carriers,proline fuel tank,proline 40 series big joes with velocity 6 rims and a set of proline 6.3'' mashers on velocity 6 rims with 1/2 offset.......and of course a picco .26 max red dot........still waiting for my emaxx diff cups and mip emaxx cvds(should be here by the 14th)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45385.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1415397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25360.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1415398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68966.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	1415399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92887.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	1415400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53799.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1415401   Click image for larger version

Name:	If10921.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	1415402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87750.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1415403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89391.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1415404  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66858.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1415405  
Old 04-10-2010, 12:38 PM
cumquat

i voted maxx and i dont own either!
i have driven a maxx (the good ol' pro .15). i like the design better than the revo, i hate the rocker suspension.
monster trucks are not suposed to handle well, they are ment to wheelie, jump, crash and ask for more.
i have never ran a revo nor do i plan to.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:39 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: moron88

i voted maxx and i dont own either!
i have driven a maxx (the good ol' pro .15). i like the design better than the revo, i hate the rocker suspension.
monster trucks are not suposed to handle well, they are ment to wheelie, jump, crash and ask for more.
i have never ran a revo nor do i plan to.

You hate the suspension! Iv'e never heard of any one that hates revo suspension!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Mr Max Wheelie

i dont hear anyone saying why they vote revo........id really like to hear some reasons beside the bull **** ones that have already been brought up........the poll out come does not surprise me most of you guys just go with whats new and which you THINK is cooler and the biggest reason is jumping on the band wagon with no logical explanation as to why......lets have a an educated debate,educated being the key word here
Old 04-10-2010, 02:04 PM
RC_Diablo

ORIGINAL: MPevine11

I was the first one who voted for the Tmaxx last night... I voted for it because its what I have haha.. And when I was looking at buying a truck I looked at the Revo and The Tmaxx I chose the Tmaxx because for one it was cheaper and two I liked the way it was laid out better than how the Revo was..

The reason I didnt post anything last night is because I knew everyone would just say Revo was better and get mad about me saying the Tmaxx lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.