Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Stampede

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 AM
adam1500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampede

i brought a traxxas stampede i was thinking about doing the jato converison would that be a good ideal

Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Stampede

Jeees man,  what did you pay for the stampede?  I just looked on craigslist.com and found 4 JATO 3.3's on there all about a hour from my house for no more than 250.00....  I would sell the stampede and buy a JATO....  but hey, do what you want to....  the best part of the hobby for me is working on them.... 
Old 04-25-2010, 02:31 PM
adam1500

i paid 215 for my stampede. im looking into doing the jato converison is that a good ideal. and also whats the best brushless motor you can buy
Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 AM
only1battman

do you have the Nitro Stampede or the Electric one?
Even if you have the Nitro version it will be a big difference in power.  first of all the Nitro stampede is a monster truck with a smaller engine (1.5, 2.5 or 2.5r) and it goes way slower. you will be transferring from a car that goes 40 mph to a car that easily goes 65.  i have the Revo 3.3 (5309, old model) and i drove my friend's Jato 3.3 and there was an insane difference.  but on the downside you will not be able to drive over the things you normally would.  with the jato i trouble driving up a 6'' curb. whereas the Revo had no problem at all.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:41 AM
adam1500

electric one

Old 12-03-2010, 08:22 PM
ericg2000

this is an OLD post, but i just wanted to say the jato mod is pretty easy. i did it on my nitro stampede and it's a different truck now. it handles a lot better and looks better too

here's a pic of mine. one is with the stock stampede body, the other is with a new t-maxx ford truck body. i also lowered my body. i simply cut the body posted and used screws to reattach them to the mounts. to me, it looks a lot better.