Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo not priming

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM
uncle remus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo not priming

I have been tracing this problem all day. My Revo will not prime. I have pulled the HSN & nothing, pulled the carb, can blow air thru all holes, checked my exhaust port & can blow in it, pressure tested the fuel tank, no bubbles....pulled the exhaust & reinstalled, no exhaust leaks.....
Anyone have any ideas???? I am all out of ideas
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 PM
futureboy1969

Default RE: Revo not priming

I got it.....try putting fuel in the tank...lol....JK! Start from the beginning. do u get fuel coming out of the tank when u blow on the pressure line? do u have any flow at all.
Sorry if i'm not a big help. I'm tried.... but it's clogged somewears. try alttle compressed air through all the ports that get fuel. or nitro pray
Old 04-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Mclovin350z

Hold the throttle open a bit then blow into the tank from the press line. Watch and listen carefully for fuel to hit the carb, when it does, stop blowing.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
uncle remus

thanks for the advice, but I think I have found my problem. I pulled the gas tank & held it up above the engine, to gravity feed the engine & nothing...the glow plug was glowing red, but no engine start still. So I have to assume it is something in the engine. I am fixxing to pull the engine & take it apart to see if i find anything. It's not that old & has never been run real lean or got very hot, but I have elimanated everything else, so the engine is the only thing left.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 AM
uncle remus

Pulled the engine & found my problem.....there is a square hole in my engine block you can see the crank turning inside.....the hole was covered by the engine mount.....any ideas on how this hole could have been made?? Guess it's time for a new engine :-(
Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Snook Man

A hard crash would be my 1st guess.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
uncle remus

No hard crashes ever.....plus this spot was protected by the motor mounts, so nothing could have hit the block either.....called Traxxas & they told me to send it in, might have been a defective block, because nothing internal came out of the engine as you can still turn the crank & the piston moves up & down.....So the Revo is going on the shelf for a few weeks & now back to playing with the t-maxx.......