RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Picco 26 Max....the DARK SIDE.... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/4013044-picco-26-max-dark-side.html)

1QwkSport2.5r 05-19-2017 03:17 AM

You would have to keep your eyes on eBay. That seems to be the go-to place to sell old stock parts for older engines. Picco doesn't make that engine anymore though you could try emailing Picco direct and see if they have any parts for it possibly.

As for converting from bump bump start to pull start - you would need a pull start crank, pullstart backplate, one-way clutch bearing, one-way starter shaft, and a pull starter. Or replace "pull starter" with "electric starter if you prefer. If you can actually find the parts to convert it (if it was ever made in a pullstart version), you will lose some power because the pullstart crank isn't timed as well as the bump start version. Personally, if you don't have the engine already, find a different one that won't require as much stuff to make it work the way you want.

Quickywd01 08-11-2017 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by txsjedi2012 (Post 12337523)
Does anybody know about this engine? I'm having problems finding parts for it. But I like that fine is an exploded view of the parts and what can I get to make it to where it's a pull start or a electric start. I don't like the bump box idea. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Redcat Racing 11012H12 Sh .28 Drill Start Backing Plate 11012h12 - RedCatRacing.Toys Bolts onto the back of the engine and fits a traxxas owb.

BEAST MASTER 02-05-2023 11:30 AM

Where

Originally Posted by bashingnut (Post 7730655)
put the block in the oven at 240 degrees for about 20 min. and the bearings should come out. might have to tap them out with a wood dowel and a hammer. heat it up again, and the new bearings should slide right in. hey dank, i have a merlin glow plug in mine, and it hasn't let me down for almost a gallon. met the guy who makes them at an rc show in toledo, and he stands behind his plug with pride. the picco fire's up everytime. plus they are decent in price.

Hey bro where can we get those Merlin Plugs. I really wanna try them out.

1QwkSport2.5r 02-05-2023 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by BEAST MASTER (Post 12761218)
Hey bro where can we get those Merlin Plugs. I really wanna try them out.

Alden Kelly passed away a few years ago, and as such, so did Merlin plugs. I don’t believe the family continued his business. It’s too bad, because his glow plugs were phenomenal. You can watch eBay and the classifieds here or on the other big RC forum as they do come up for sale once in awhile. Good alternatives are glow plugs sold by Dub Jett at DubJett.com.

BEAST MASTER 03-22-2023 10:41 AM

How is it

Originally Posted by beelzebubishere (Post 4013044)
How many of y'all have gone over to the "Dark Side, " with that Black and Blue, Ofna Picco 26 Max ????????????????????????????????????????????
I'll start.....I'm there, and I'm already saving for another.....

Tricks I've found that work great, and keep the grin factor at Max level in a REVO....

16/38 gearing
M/S filter on OEM REVO snorkle
Shorten theexhaust header5'16", or the length of the "bell"
Open the muffler outlet to 7/32"
Seal the carb to the crankase with "copper" RTV

HEAT CYCLE your first fuel tank....shut off every time the engine reaches 240-250F, Do NOT idle the 1st tank, run at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle, watch temps, and heat cycle! Do the second tank the same way.....then 3rd-5th normal break-in. These engines are tight and will generate heat, even rich....watch those temps on the first 2 tanks.

During heat cycle, rotate the piston to bdc during cool down, do not restart until temp is beow 110F.

This is what I've found works good....it is NOT gospel, and as another bit of info, I'm at about 250' asl. If you've got a different combo, other observations or ideas on break-in, POST em! But let's keep this thread about the Dark Side, let's complile some working data on the Picco 26 Max HERE.

Was it a direct drop in or was there the need for some parts? Also how is the power with that engine. I hear its pretty sick?