Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Twin electric conversion of .60 size Ultra Stick

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin electric conversion of .60 size Ultra Stick

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 11:42 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin electric conversion of .60 size Ultra Stick

Although I have been flying RC planes for lots of years, I am completely new to electric RC planes. That being said, I have recently took a .60 size Hangar 9 Ultra Stick and converted it to an electric twin. I am using two .46 size, 675kv motors, with two 80 amp ESC's, running on one 5000 MAh battery..I have flown this setup 2 short flights, but I was surprised it wasn't a lot faster than it was, though it did not have any trouble taking off.. The props I am using are APC 13x6.5 electric props. I have hooked the plane to a digital fish scale and with a full battery, I get around 3.25 lb of pulling force. When the plane flew, if I spent much time at a higher throttle setting, the wiring near the battery would get pretty warm, (both motors feed into a Y to the battery) but the battery was only a little warm.

So, I am wondering if I switched to two .32 size, 800kv motors, turning 11x5 props, would I possibly get more thrust while pulling fewer amps to help with the wires getting hot. Any info you guys can give is appreciated.