Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Yellow Bee 4 engine mods

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Yellow Bee 4 engine mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 06:47 PM
biplanemutha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Bee 4 engine mods

I've got a bunch of motors and broken parts from a neighbor's Harbor Freight Yellow Bees. I'm designing a scale B-24D to use 4 motors from the Yellow Bees.
I'm not sure how to wire the motors. I anticipate having a 2S Lipo and an ESC for brushed motors, so that when I ask for throttle on Ch 3, all 4 motors spin at equal RPMs.
Could someone help me with a wiring diagram for wiring between the ESC and the motors, or correct any obvious mistaken assumptions I've made so far.
From what I can tell, the motors are brushed 180s. Thanks so much. I'm sort of new to electric flight

Last edited by biplanemutha; 11-18-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:06 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

4 motors from a single ESC is a lot of current. The more current you try to get out of an ESC the more it costs. You might be better off with 4 ESCs.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:20 PM
biplanemutha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your input.The stock Yellow Bee configuration is a 4.8V battery pack which runs two motors. There is some sort of electronic speed control included, which controls yaw via differential thrust from the two motors. It's hard to tell if the two motors are in series or parallel, because they run through a weird controller. Is there an easy way to tell how many amps the motors draw at full throttle, so that I can calculate the amp load for 4 instead of 2 motors?
Thanks again for your help
Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you going to attempt control like the Yellow bee with differential thrust? Or use conventional methods with conventional electronics?