Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

1/2A? B-25

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Johnny C!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/2A? B-25

Hey Gang! I've been away from RCU for while, & I just now stumbled upon the Twins Forum. I'm sure I could have had some help on my last project, but it's too late now. I just finished it, but not flown it. I built it from some plans I found in the AMA plans service. I built the fuse stock, I built the wing from a Herr Engineering P-51 kit, & I stepped up to 2 Thunder Tiger .10's. I haven't weighed it yet. The first trip to the field will be to run the engines only. At least 3 tanks each. I'm sure it will take a while to get the engines in sink. I had to run the throttles from a single servo, & used golden rod through the wing. I have one servo per wing (I like flapperons!), & fixed rudders. I have a 4 oz tank in each nacelle. The nacelle's are made from 1 pint rubbing alcohol bottles & the tail cones are carved balsa. I had to put the battery & recv'r in the very front & still had to add 1.5 oz's of lead to balance her. It wasn't built to win any contests, just a test more or less. The wingspan is 48" & I used Expert SL300 mini servo's. I love hand lanunched aircraft! I invite any questions, comments or suggestions. Thanks for a great web site!

Johnny C!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89744.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	80223  
Old 12-09-2003, 07:23 PM
jmupilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A? B-25

Very nice airplane!!!!!! 1 servo on the engines should not be a problem as long as they are equal in movement. I know from past experience that nyrods like to change length with temp changes. just be sure to keep an eye on that.
Keep us informed on the flight progress.

Pete
Old 12-10-2003, 08:56 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Johnny:

I stand in awe of your courage. With both running it should be nice, but with one out... And with no rudder control the engine synchronization will be very important.

If it's not too late, replace some of the nose weight with another servo, and tie it to the rudders.

It does look nice, I wish you much success with it.

Bill.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:32 PM
Johnny C!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys, I apologize for not replying to your responses sooner.
I have been pursuing a couple of full size project aircraft for a while.
Will, I would call it stupidity, instead. I will time out how long the tanks will last
at average throttle, subtract 2-3 minutes, & shut them both down for a dead stick
landing before the dreaded flame out. I have taken it to the field one time so far.
I ran each engine 1 tank seperately, & then 1 tank together. I was impressed at
how close the rpm's were when eyeballing the throttle positions in the workshop. I'm
sure that will change a little as I run the engines more. Seemed to have plenty of thrust.
They sure sounded sweet running together. I may be bitten by the twin bug, real bad.
I have a Herr P-51 with the Norvel .074, & it's one of my favorite planes. Next maybe
a P-82
I will keep you posted. Thanks again for the comments