Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Please help identify what twin I bought??

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Please help identify what twin I bought??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
gregusan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help identify what twin I bought??

Hi All.... I recently aquired this twin, and have no idea what it is. This is my first twin, so any other helpful tips and advice from those of you with experience would be appreciated, especially if you had this exact plane.

It doesn't look like an ARF, (though it may be). The wingspan is 48" X 8.5" cord, or 408" area. The fuse length is about 39". Max prop size is 9", just barely clearing the fuse (Makes me wonder, is this really a 25 size plane, or perhaps a 15 size?). It now has twin Saito 30's in it, and comes out to just over 5 lbs with radio, RTF, without fuel. This is about 30 oz/ft. dry, which seems awefully high wing loading to me, for such a small model. It looks like it has 6 oz tanks.

Let me know if you have any advice about this. I have been having trouble getting the motors to idle reliably, and to run steadily at full throttle. At first I thought one was weak, and one strong, but then, I realized the previous owner had put and APC 9x8 on one motor, and an APC 9x5 on the other! However, both were still "hunting" (going up and down by roughly 500 RPM at full throttle), regardless of needle setting. They both seem pretty finicky to me, especially compared to my 26 Surpass. Idling is very poor, and it seems like I cannot get lean enough with the air bleed.

I also "created" a "virtual" duplicate of this model on Realflight G2, using all the exact dimensions, balance points, wieghts, engines, etc....... and man...... it flys sort of "OK", but if a motor dies... it's almost certain to crash unless I can guess quickly which one it was and turn it into the running motor, keeping the speed up as much as possible. Are real twins this scary if you loose a motor?

Well, thanks for help, and sorry for such a long post...!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85658.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	94528  
Old 01-26-2004, 04:50 PM
gregusan
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Please help identify what twin I bought??

Here's another view.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47822.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	94531  
Old 01-26-2004, 06:18 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

Looks somewhat like a Midwest Twin-Stik.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:15 PM
timrcpilot
My Feedback: (6)

I have had three different twins, enjoyed them all. The twinstar flew the best.

Can you email me your Realflight version of your twin engine plane? I'd love to try to fly some new one.

Thanks,

Tim

[email protected]