Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Left handed, clockwise or push propellers

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Left handed, clockwise or push propellers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 03:04 PM
mVTOL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left handed, clockwise or push propellers

Howdy,

I’m looking for a source for left handed, clockwise or push propellers. Basically a propeller that turns the opposite direction of your garden variety propeller. I’m working on a VTOL electric with twin AXI 2820/10 motors and the torque from both props going in the same direction is not helping. Acts like a helicopter.

Specifically I’m looking for something in the 11x7 range. Could be little bigger or a little smaller. Even information on someone that will custom make them I’d be interested in.

Thanks in advanced for any ideas.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:10 PM
Villa

Default RE: Left handed, clockwise or push propellers

Tower Hobbies at http://www.towerhobbies.com/ has pusher props
Old 04-14-2004, 03:39 PM
mVTOL

Ah, so they do. I obviously didn't search correctly before.

Thanks
Old 04-14-2004, 08:36 PM
vlaluz

I got my 14x6 props straight from www.zingerpropeller.com. They were willing to work with me since Tower Hobbies didn't carry the ones I wanted. They sanded down really well, and stayed straight and pretty stiff. I might suggest you go with a low pitch prop though. My motors generate more static thrust with a 14X5, and VTOL is all about static thrust.
By the way, are you trying for a tilt wing, tilt rotor or a straight lifting fan? The old versions of my plans are at the following thread on another forum. I came over to this one since it isn't blocked by the firewall at work...

[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214844&highlight=vtol]VTOL Thread[/link]
Old 04-20-2004, 12:52 PM
mVTOL

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Been busy. I'm actually working on kind of a report with pictures for this (my electric VTOL project). Just a little how-to, not for school or work. In the next few days I'll post pictures if you like. Not sure if this is the correct area for it though. If you have any insight let me know.

The pictures will help a lot, but it is twin AXI 2820/10 motors and the entire wing pivots, both halves with both motors. In V mode (Vertical mode) pitch is handled by moving the wing surfaces together and yaw is by moving wing surfaces together. Just a flying wing, nothing that interesting. For roll in this mode I differentiate the motor thrust. I most definetly have control over all three axis's.

My VTOL actually flies but only vertically for now. I can hover it but have to grab it by the tail to keep it steady. I'm still working out the stability obviously. Was hoping to record a little video before I put out my paper.

got'a go.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:05 PM
mVTOL

At the link below you can see a few pictures my VTOL. I'll put out something more complete a little later.

[link=http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/]My VTOL[/link]