Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 40 twin'in - engine question

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 40 twin'in - engine question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 09:24 PM
MadMike-Heli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 40 twin'in - engine question

I finally have my Ultra Stick 40 with 2 OS 40 LA's. I'm going to start work in the next few days on the beast. It should come together in about 2-3 weeks I figure. Hopefully it will be a nice machine - one boom, one wing, two engines....

I already own the 40 size and its a solid airframe. Landing gear needs to be beefed up a lil' other than that it should be good to go. I'm looking to make this plane fly fairly quick. I had a Twinstar with these two engines on it. Made it fly really nicely. I'm looking for that speed or faster. What would bring the speed out of these lil' engines, what prop size?

Mike
Old 06-21-2004, 10:42 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 40 twin'in - engine question

Mike:

Try a pair of 9x8 props. I don't think one 40 LA would pull it, but two on a 40 size plane just might. When the engines unload you should be around 100 mph. Aerobatics probably lousy with the 9x8, but you'll have the speed. Long take-off roll too. If they wont pull the 9x8 size try going to 8x8, I'm sure the LAs will pull them.

But we are talking about serious unloading in the air, be sure you're really rich on launch.

Bill.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:13 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 Ultra Stick 40 twin'in - engine question

Mike:

Be sure to reinforce the wing's front mount. Too many of the 40 size H9 sticks have been lost due to failure of the peg on the front of the wing.

Bill.