Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Twin-Air 45 by NE-Aero >

Twin-Air 45 by NE-Aero

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Twin-Air 45 by NE-Aero

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 04:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin-Air 45 by NE-Aero

As I have been interested in getting into twins... initialy I was looking at push/pull but have decided to go with the conventional engine on either side of the wing type

Reading posts till my eyes burn... I think I have settled on a winner. The Twin-Air 45 by NE-Aero (www.ne-aero.com).

I see that it is easier building than the Dualist, slightly more wing area... a longer Fuse.... and as an added bonus... less expensive!

Does anyone have this kit... any more detailed information on it? Possibly pics of your construction? How well does it fly... especialy after an engine dies? If one dies.... is it able to fly on one motor & land at half throttle or so... or do you just drop to idle and hope you can make it back to the runway? What about a gyro on the rudder?

Comments Appreciated
Old 11-26-2002, 02:32 PM

My friend is the owner of Northeast Aerodynamics and flies all of his planes regularly. The Twin-Air 45 is a very nice flying plane and handles very well with one engine. Get one, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:28 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Default Twin-air

I just bought one a couple of weeks ago, but haven't started building yet. The kit looks gorgeous. The aileron leading edges are already beveled! I know the sport-air is a good flying plane and that's what the twin is derived from. I think you'll be very pleased with this kit.
Old 11-30-2002, 02:52 AM

Welp... I have yet to read a negative thing about this plane... ive never had a twin before... thats why I am so curious about it Everyone seems to like it, though nobody seems to have one flying! Anyone flying, building currently? Have some pics? I'd love to see them! Vid's would be neat too!

I'm off to go get one of these planes for myself

Keith
Old 11-30-2002, 06:05 AM
My Feedback: (2)

What is the cost of this kit...? Can't find it on the dealers site...
Old 12-02-2002, 01:58 PM

The Current price is $140 for the kit.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:06 PM

Default Twin Air

I'm about to jump into the twin market and I have acquired (through a trade) a Twin Air 20 by NE Aerodynamics. Have purchased a pair of TT 25's for it and will probably start it soon. If it flys as well as my Sport Air 40 did and as good as what some have said about the 40 Twin then I've probably got a winner - - provided I build it straight and true.
Old 12-05-2002, 01:32 AM

I've been flying a coupla TwinAir 20's for 6-7 years now. I highly recommend it as a first twin. They fly better than any other twin on one engine, although I tend to not mess around much with one-engine flight....just get it around and down!

Never felt the need for rudder gyro..they'll actually level off with ailerons-only in the first few seconds of engine-out...thus giving you time to figure out what's going on and start messing appropriately with rudder and throttle.

One of mine flies with O.S. 25's, which is almost vertical power, and a lot of fun, and a LOT more fun with engine out. The other flies with HP .21 four strokes, which provide marginal, but adequate "scale" power and a "purring" noise level dang close to electric flight.

I have a lot of fun with both. If I were building one today, I might get the 40 size, just to improve visibility. Again, I highly recommend the kit, and I have no stock in the company!!

Word of Warning:
A) Get engines that are reliable and that you can trust and work with.
B) The Door to Twindom is one to frustration and heartbreak. Once in, few ever return to the ennui and comfort of single engine flight, and all those twin warbirds and hotrods out there aren't going to treat you so nice as the TwinAirs!!

mt
Old 12-13-2002, 12:52 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default twin air

I also have flown the twin air .25 and is a fantasic plane....just small for my tastes. The .45 looks to be an enlarged version.
Just remember the word reliability. Use an assistant and always go to full power and hole the plane straight up....every flight. Any sag, fix it. This has and is my two cents for success with twins.
Good Luck,
Twinman