Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

ordered my seagull dual ace with pics!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

ordered my seagull dual ace with pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Mike3579
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ordered my seagull dual ace with pics!!!

I normally only fly giantscale 3d type planes but this little twin caught my eye. Anyone have anythoughts on it? I'm thinking 2 evolution 46's should be pretty awesome in this plane.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: ordered my seagull dual ace

Be sure to post pics of your build! [sm=thumbup.gif]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3664845/tm.htm
Old 02-10-2006, 01:06 PM
Mike3579

I wil post pictures when I get it on my work bench!!
Old 02-12-2006, 02:11 PM
skycom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the same question, which engines to go with? Ended up ordering a couple of OS 46AX's. I've got one already in another model (Seagul Harmon Rocket)I think they'll be fine.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:05 AM
fearless fly

Hi guys,I have just about finished my Dual Ace.What a well built plane.I'm fitting OS .46AX's as you can't beat reliability when you are flying twins. Couple of points,the instructions say place the thrust washer out 11.2 cm. from the firewall. I found that at that distance the spinner backplate sat about 1/4" from the cowl. Better if the t/w was about 11cm or even a couple of mm. less. Makes a much better fit. The main wheels could have been a little bit bigger in diameter because if a wing dips slightly on touchdown a prop will hit the ground,(a fellow member at my club found this out).Other than that, it looks and flies exellent.
Can't wait to get mine in the air.

Cheers,
Fearless.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Mike3579

I'm going with the Evo 46's I have a couple of them in other planes and they run flawlessly for me just flip and fly. Being mainly a giant scale gasoline engine guy... flip and fly is all I know
Old 02-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Lars fra Taasinge

Hey Mike.
Can`t wait to see & hear some more. I fly twin engine planes too. 15 years ago i startet out with a nice Britten Norman Islander
paintet scale in our national rescue company collers (flour red and white)
Stowed away some where, I have on more twin, a Piper Navajo, look a like ( Danish marine poloutionplane)
I think the little twin fellow wil fit my collection fine. Can`t afford new engines right now.
3 weeks ago I full upgreated my T-rex Helicopter with alu head and tail. Do you think the plane will get airborne with two OS Fp 3,5ccm? (almost new)

Hilsen fra
Lars Jensen
Denmark
Old 02-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Ordered mine too. Should be into my LHS early next week. I found some B&D Tri-Gear Retracts on Tower's site, looks like .60 size units, ordered them too. I went cheapo on the motors, picked up two Supertigre .40's w/quiet mufflers, for $49.00 less 15% discount and FREE shipping, plus $10.00 gift certificates each...Jeez like $33 or $36 bucks a piece. I'll keep you posted on the retract install, they are Air Powered units. Only twin I ever flew was a Twin-Star with 2 OS .40 fourstrokes... (.61 hp each) sounded great, flew great on two engines, one engine performance would barley keep it in the air. The little tigre's are 1.1 hp each, so hopefully be enough. I personally like scale power, I hate seeing a Piper Cub Hovering and 3'D ing...so I hope the Dual Ace flies solid but scale..
This one will get the rust off of my thumbs for twin flying, then I can start on my OV-10 Bronco (80" ARF) with twin Tower .75's and retracts. I never messed with Air retracts (last man on the planet to make that statement) always had old fashion mechanicals. So I hope I get this air powered retract thing licked... The dual ace should look nice with the retracts tucked up...
Old 02-24-2006, 04:54 PM
skycom

Prop Washer..Be sure to post some photos of the retract mod you do on your dual ace
Old 02-25-2006, 07:05 AM
Prop_Washer2

Will do Skycom...
Old 02-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Mike3579

picking up my dual ace in the morning from my local HS!!! Cant wait to see it!
Old 02-28-2006, 06:52 AM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I apologize for not taking any pictures, started building my DA yesterday and it just went so quickly I didn't even think to grab the camera. Got two nicely broken in .46 FX's for power, Hitec 635's all around and 3004's for throttles. I don't know about the dual servo setup on the elvators, but I'll build it as per plans and see how it comes out.

Couple things... make sure you iron down the edges of the covering before you try and slide the horizontal stab into the slot..... don't know why I didn't do it, but you can probablly imagine the results.
The vertical stab will be a very tight fit into the rear of teh slot, better to try and assemble horiz. and vert stabs all in one step. The little block they give you to fill the space behind the horiz. stab does not fit very well. The fit of the tailcone is terrible. I just glued mine. The nose gear is just a little short, there is a flat ground where the tiller arm goes, and it puts the spring coil right up against the fuse. of the airplane. Other than that, I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of this airplane. Hopefully tonight will get engine cowls mounted, which is last big thing to do. Then it'll be on to setting it up in the radio...... test of programming savvy!

Andy
Old 02-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Prop_Washer2

Picking up mine today at my LHS. I will be installing the B&D air retracts, and a couple of new Supertigre .40's with the quiet (big) mufflers...standard servos all the way around. Waiting on the retracts and motors from Tower...
Old 02-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Mike3579

Please post pics of the retract install! Are they made to fit this plane? Or is it going to be a custom job? I'm going to be using the Evolution 46's for power. I have an evo on another plane and it runs awesome. I hope this plane is going to be a good relaxing flying plane. I like to take breaks from my giant scale 3D planes ounce in a while and that's why I bought this plane plus it looks cool and I love the sound of a twin. [8D]
Old 02-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Prop_Washer2

Gonna be a custom, the B&D's look to be for a .60 size class bird, so they should be about the right size...I'll know more about them. Scheduled delivery on the retracts is Thursday the 03/02/06...I'll keep ya posted...
Old 03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Mike3579

Got my new dual ace home!! I will post some pics of it as it sits in the box as soon as I open it
Old 03-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Mike3579

Well I opened the box and it surely is a beautiful plane very well built. All the pushrods for the servo's are already installed!!! They even have the clevices istalled!! You can see in the pictures. I do have one complaint with the plane and I was kinda upset over it. The front windows are clear plexiglass which are very nice and clear but the side windows are like a clear film and its not to clear its dull and you can barely see through them!![:@] It like they just took a peice clear film and place it ontop of the covering just to make a cheap windowc!! What a joke!!! The front windows are nice but the back windows suck. I'm going to peel off the clear film and put clear plexiglass in its place I think it will look 100% better after that is done As far as packaging it was packed very well no problems at all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63912.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	418174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90345.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	418175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25786.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	418176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16126.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	418177  
Old 03-02-2006, 09:56 AM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: ordered my seagull dual ace with pics!!!

Hey guys, I have one coming this week! Any one close to finishing there's? How does it fly?

I too fly the big gasers and wanted a change, love the twins and this looks like it will fit the bill...

Keep the info and pics coming!!!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, I agree those side windows are cheesy! Sounds like an afterthought.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

I just picked up a Dual Ace and a couple of Evo .46s. Is it my perception or is the instruction booklet not so good?

I noticed a couple of references to "where you made a mark on the wing" and couldn't seem to find where it said to make the mark. Maybe I didn't read it closely enough.

I also noticed that some sections have check boxes and some have just pictures.

Not to mention the obvious translation errors.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:07 AM
mu2driver

I too just got my Dual Ace, 2 x Evo .46, 7 x JR Sport servos...

I cant wait to get started...man this thing is cool!!!

Has anybody been able too demo the single engine stability yet?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Tailgunner-RCU

Everyone,

Well, looks like I just talked myself into buying one of these bad boys...Should be here tomorrow.

In the mean time I'm completing my TwinStar...

Problem is, I want a ASM Comet DH-88 Twin ARF next....Where will it end??????
Old 03-06-2006, 10:24 AM
mu2driver

Congrats,

Just took mine out of the box....So far Im impressed..nice construction, its looking like a Piper Senica or Beach Duke more and more....

only whine is, I wish it had retracts...
Old 03-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Mike3579

I was impressed also but the side windows suck! That was the only thing I didn't like. I've got it just about fully built now
Old 03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
mu2driver

ORIGINAL: Mike3579

I was impressed also but the side windows suck! That was the only thing I didn't like. I've got it just about fully built now

agreed, the side windows are not impressive...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.