Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Cox Pica Dualist… Where are they!?

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Cox Pica Dualist… Where are they!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 PM
edh13
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox Pica Dualist… Where are they!?

There seems to be a painfully obvious lack of interest in what many consider the ultimate sport twin, the Pica Duallist. For me it’s always been a plane that I had to build whenever I could manage some of that ever illusive “free time”. When Cox released this in an ARF form I was elated and I thought this board would be loaded with articles but there are relatively none. Until I see a little more activity I think I’ll wait. What happened? Are they not selling or are there any to sell? Did Cox blow it with the high admission price for a wood ARF with banana yellow budget-coat? Is there quality problems? Is that retarded looking Dual Ace soaking up the potential customers? Am I searching in the right place??
Old 02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cox Pica Dualist… Where are they!?

there is a build post in this forum that at last reading were waiting on wheater conditions for test flights.I have an original duelist and considered the cox entry but went with the cedar hobbies phoenix instead,larger and less expensive and a slight resemblance to a 60 size duellist.there seems to be alot of twin arf's available now instead of the slim pickings of a few years ago plus I think you have to buy the duelist from cox direct.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Cox Pica Dualist… Where are they!?

You answered your own question. The Duelist was a great kit 20 years ago. For the money, actually value would be a better term, there are better airplanes.