Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

4 stroke engine size; CBA F7 Tigercat

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

4 stroke engine size; CBA F7 Tigercat

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:37 PM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 stroke engine size; CBA F7 Tigercat

I have a 1980s" vintage CBA F7 Tigercat kit. Wingspan about 100 inches. Have the Robart gear. Would like to run two Saito singles with on board glow. Does anyone have experience with these? Do you think Saito 150s will do the trick, or is that over/under kill? Thanks, GoNavy.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
topgun600
My Feedback: (41)

Default RE: 4 stroke engine size; CBA F7 Tigercat

I have a CBA tigercat mine has G38 zenoha gas engines and it fly's great you have to look at the specs for the saito's what is the HP rating to how much you think the plane will weigh, If you build it lite mybe 150 will fly it. Mine is at 30lbs ready to fly and with two 38 swinging 24/8 props its get airborne in about 80 feet and yes build in flaps you will need them to land. no flaps and you'll need about 1000 ft to land never try to glide this plane it does not like to glide if you loose a engine dont turn into the dead engine hope this helps Topgun600
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 PM
GoNavy
My Feedback: (15)

Default RE: 4 stroke engine size; CBA F7 Tigercat

The instructions mention the G38. Boy, 24/8s, oof da! The Saito 150s would use 16/8, albeit with more rpm.