Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Enya Twin Set

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:50 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Enya Twin Set

Enya is selling a Twin Set that includes a reverse rotation engine and prop. Maybe this has been around for a while; it's the first I've seen of it, so excuse me if this is old news:

http://www.enya-engine.com/store/ind...roducts_id=411
Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Enya Twin Set

can't tel if they are air bleed type carbs or two needle carbs.I prefer twin needle or perry carbs on twins vs air bleed.can anyone comfirm what type carb they are?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:18 PM
tweedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engines with the sn suffex are single needle and with the tn suffex are twin needle, I think the engines shown in the add might also be plane bearing, the ball bearing engines come with the tn carb you might check and see if the left hand crank will work in the tn type engine and just order two of those and a left hand crank, having said that there is no better engine made than a enya and the 25sn will be a great running engine.

Richard
Old 03-24-2007, 09:45 PM
rainedave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I was thinking about the reliability of Enyas when I saw these two. I don't think there's anything inherently unreliable with air bleed carbs. The OS LA line uses them and has one of those things ever quit in the air? But, aerowoof, I do agree with you that TN carbs are better overall.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:43 AM
tweedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this works with any other of the enya's with the two piece crankcase, but with the old Enya 45s #6001 you could just rotate the front portion of the crankcase 90 degrees, and it reversed the timing and it would run in reverse, just as well and with the same power as when in tractor mode, a lot of guys did this for pusher aplications but I don't know if it works with other engines or this was just the case of the Enya 45, might be worth trying.

Richard