Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Plans-built Duellist

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 08:46 PM
TCBLightning
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans-built Duellist

I finally finished buidling my Duellist. This one was from Model Airplane News plans (Dave Platt design). The empennage has been modified but everything else is right off the sheets.

My less than accurate fish scale puts this somewhere between 9.5--10 pounds, over a pound lighter than my previous Duellist which was glassed and painted.

The weather cooperated to accomodate two great flights yesterday. In a power dive during the first flight I experienced some elevator flutter but the servo held up (Futaba 3010). The clevis attached to the servo arm is a bit loose so a ball-link should tighten that up.

After final assembly I had to add 4 oz of weight to the tail for it to balance but after flying it am going to take 2 oz out as it flew slightly tail heavy.

The picures make the pearl purple Ultracote look blue, the other color is bright pearl yellow. The Duellist graphic came from a fencing web site I stumbled across a couple years ago while doing a search on the web. One of our club members did the vinyl decals for me.

Hobbico mechanical mains, Robart mechanical nose gear, TT Pro 46s for power, Futaba 3010s for the rudder and elevator, 3004s on each elevator, Hitecs crank the gear and HS-81 give it gas.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58449.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	649929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80831.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	649930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va71057.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	649931  
Old 03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Plans-built Duellist

nice job.what did you finish it in iron on covering or some other method?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:24 PM
TCBLightning
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TCBLightning
The picures make the pearl purple Ultracote look blue, the other color is bright pearl yellow.

Ultracote from Hanger 9.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not the first Duelist I have seen recently. It is an absolutely beautiful design.

... I think I should do an electric one before I die ...
Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with the new technology of brushless and lipo's could be a real performer and possibly lighter.lots of room in the nacelles for the lipo's