Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

anyone built a Marutaka C47D?

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

anyone built a Marutaka C47D?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 AM
painter 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone built a Marutaka C47D?

Hi guys,
Im building this kit as a scale DC3 and have come across some flaws. I would like to know how problems like the tank position, flaps (non existant on outer wing) have been solved. This kit is supposed to be scale (hah!). Have a few ideas on how to solve these but would like to know if there are any other ideas out there.

thanks in advance
michelle
Old 04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: anyone built a Marutaka C47D?

tanks are in the fuse and you need pumped engines,flaps are the split type and run from airleron to airleron you would have to do a linkage like that used in the corsair flaps where the outers are deployed from the inners.tongue in a slot
Old 04-14-2007, 10:15 PM
painter 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your input aerowoof.
Well tongue in slot. Rod in tube. Tongue in cheek what ever works.

Topflites is rod in tube but I've gone for 4 bellcranks as I've also cut the centre flap in two.
Marutakas is only 1 centre flap, not from aileron to aileron, but I am going to build in outer
flaps.
Tanks sit on the wing in this kit and have their own boxes glued to the top of the wing which sits inside the fuse. But if I do this I would have to cut the bottom out of the F7 former in the fuse. I don't want to do this as it might lose strength? So again I am following topflite and putting tanks in the wing.
ah...."pumped engines" the old 2 stroke engines will pull fuel through this distance fine.
I'm starting to think this so called scale DC3 isn't what its cracked up to be, by the time I've finished it could have been better to scratch build or buy a topflite kit. After all i'm even using their retracts, which was another head#$&* because it took me a week to sort out, and had to change half the nacelle and wing to fit them in........but I wont go there
but thanks for your input again, it's always good to get other ideas and all
Old 04-15-2007, 09:51 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have to remember that this is the old royal kit that was desinged late sixties scale back then is stand off scale today.kit is worth more as a collecters item as it is not found very often