Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Pilots for my Wing Mfg A-26 INVADER...

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Pilots for my Wing Mfg A-26 INVADER...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:18 PM
JFranco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilots for my Wing Mfg A-26 INVADER...

Hi,

Been trying to find some pilots that will look right in this plane, around 1/12 scale.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Black Drape

Default RE: Pilots for my Wing Mfg A-26 INVADER...

JFranco,
That is going to be a hard plane to put pilots in. The fuselage is not to scale, and as so is very narrow. I tried to put some Williams Bros 1/10th scale pilots in mine, but thet were way to wide.
Good luck,
Ron
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 AM
Slowjohn

Believe it or not, I've had decent luck at Wally World and the Dollar stores in the toy dept. If I just want a pilot figure, Buzz Lightyear fits most of my planes in the "Not Scale" category. I've found military figures that have movable arms & legs that worked just right for a 1/12th scale Corsair and other warbirds. Just for the heck of it I measured the pilot and did the scale thing, he would've been 6' tall. Although he was a Tank Commander as are most of them, a little scraping and paint and he was just right with leather helmet and all. I was able to move his arms and hands to the correct position for the "Joy Stick" and the "Throttle".

Just an idea,
Slowjohn
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try "Pilots are Us", better known as "Toys are Us". They have lots of small figures that can work well.