Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Reno Inspired Custom Twin

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Reno Inspired Custom Twin

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Cooolwyp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reno Inspired Custom Twin

This is first fully custom built plane and i thought i would share it to see what people thought. I wanted to build a sleek high speed plane that resembled something that would be seen at Reno. Inspiration came from the Pond Racer of the Early 90s. I did some simple calculations and tired making it more aerodynamic by reducing interfierance drag. Now for the specs:

Span: 44"
Length: 42"
Weight: ~3lbs
Engine: Axi 2808 or 2814 x 2
Battery: Thunder Power Pro Lite 3300 25c

Airfoils:
Root: modified MH23
Tip: MH26
V-Tail: NACA 0008

Fuselage and Engine Nacelles will be composite made from female molds. Wing and Tail will be balsa built up with carbon spars, sheeted in 1/32" balsa, and then finished with 3/4oz fiberglass. Landing gear will be tail dragger style with mechanical retracts inside the engine nacelles. I am currently molding the fuselage and nacelles and will post pictures as soon as they are done.

I am interested to hear what people think of the design and greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions. Suggestions for better high speed engines would also be helpful, but i am limited to 75 amps total so that i can use an existing pack i have.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48090.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	697277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58140.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	697278  
Old 06-04-2007, 04:23 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Reno Inspired Custom Twin

I like it and would be interested. Is the fuse big enough for the batteries it would need plus the servos and receiver?
Old 06-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Cooolwyp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reno Inspired Custom Twin

The fuselage was built around the battery and 4 high performance mini servos (61 oz-in each). Its about 3 inches wide and 4.5 inches tall. Will be a tight squeeze but everything should fit.